What's new

Lampe Berger

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I did a search and didn't find anything, so I thought I'd ask around. Any of you tried or use a Lampe Berger in your house?

I ordered one yesterday with an oil sampler. It's a bit expensive (40 bucks for the lamp and about 15 bucks a bottle of oil), but if it allows me to beat the winter, it's worth it. I'm going to try a petite corona with it before I break out the big guns.

For any B/SOTLs who have used one, do you run it the whole time you're smoking, or wait until you're finished smoking?

I'm planning on having a window exhaust fan going while I smoke, then close up the house and fire up the lamp- unless I get different advice.

For those of you who aren't familiar with a Lampe Berger, here's a linky.http://www.lampeberger.com/content_howitworks.aspx

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
We have one. I think of it as a high test fragrance distributor. I never thought it eliminated smoke.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I saw a thread about these somewhere, some time in the last year. The general sense was that the people who had them seemed to like them.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have one, I don't smoke in the house though. But it does get rid of odors when I fry fish or something that stinks up the house. There is even a neutral oil that has no scent, but is suppose eliminate odors.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Some of my friends around here swear by them. I have not seen first hand how well they perform, but they all say they eliminate smoke very well.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I have two of them for my home. They are great air fresheners, but as far as eliminating smoke smell they are not great. I tried once soon after purchasing them to smoke in the house to no avail. I just had a smokey sweet smelling house. I lit it before I started smoking and ran it the whole way through. House still smelled of smoke.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use these all the time they really hide the cigar and cooking smells of oil or burnt food. some of the scents can be over the top so get the lighter scents

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
They sell those at the local B&M I frequent most - coincidentally, I brought up the Lampes a couple days ago, and from what I got from my bud who works there, he said if you're not into heavy aromas/perfumes, go with the "Natural" scent. It doesn't deplete the smell of smoke, but it helps to cloak it. From what I understand, he uses it while he smoking and for a short while after. Another customer, he said, using it almost all of the time, but he runs through the stones/wicks like nothing, which can get costly, not to mention the oil. I'm thinkin' that I'll give it a shot soon.