What's new

Lancero issues?

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
A question about lanceros. At the b&m yesterday and decided I wanted to try a lancero for the first time. This size seems to be a large number of brothers favorite, so what the he'll. I'm looking through and decided I want to give the Tat Black Label Lancero a go. If had a few tats now and iv liked them all not a bad one yet. But I did not have this luck with the lance. Right off the bat I could hardly get a cold draw at all. A little massaging and a recut a little deeper in over a very solid part of the cigar and I finally got somewhat of a draw.

So is this something to do with the lancero size or did I get a bad stick? Also I read in an old thread that lanceros not stored well can get like this easily? Is there an art to smoking a lancero, I found myself having to take very slow deep draws to get any smoke.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I'm guessing it was too humid. Lanceros, in my experience, are more susceptible to rh changes than larger sticks. It could have been rolled too tight (it happens sometimes), but my guess is too humid.

Buy another and dry box it for a few days and see what happens.

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
That's odd, I let my tat black lancer I sit for about 3 months and it was absolutely perfect. It was also the first time I've picked up dark fruit in a cigar. Really enjoyed it but still prefer the CG, we will see how I feel when I eventually get my hands on some old man and the c

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
That's odd, I let my tat black lancer I sit for about 3 months and it was absolutely perfect. It was also the first time I've picked up dark fruit in a cigar. Really enjoyed it but still prefer the CG, we will see how I feel when I eventually get my hands on some old man and the c
I got some great flavor from it just a bad draw. Was pretty disappointed was expecting it to be good. I probably rushed it should have let it sit.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I believe the above responses to all be spot on. B&Ms are notorious for keeping their RH high, etc, etc...

When you do go for your next lance the other thing to be mindful of will be your pace. Some lances can be tempermental, like your high school girlfriend: too much attention and she gets cranky and bitter, too little and she goes cold on you and the flame of teenage love burns out... they can be waaaaay more sensitive than a larger rg stick.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I believe the above responses to all be spot on. B&Ms are notorious for keeping their RH high, etc, etc...

When you do go for your next lance the other thing to be mindful of will be your pace. Some lances can be tempermental, like your high school girlfriend: too much attention and she gets cranky and bitter, too little and she goes cold on you and the flame of teenage love burns out... they can be waaaaay more sensitive than a larger rg stick.
Never thought of it that way and you're so right.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0

Lol. Alright now I understand

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0

Well said fellow SoCal brother :)

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Some lances can be tempermental, like your high school girlfriend: too much attention and she gets cranky and bitter, too little and she goes cold on you and the flame of teenage love burns out... they can be waaaaay more sensitive than a larger rg stick.
This ^^^ LOL! :LOL: Lances can be VERY cantankerous. For me, the lower humidity (65%) makes all the difference. (y)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing it was too humid. Lanceros, in my experience, are more susceptible to rh changes than larger sticks. It could have been rolled too tight (it happens sometimes), but my guess is too humid.

Buy another and dry box it for a few days and see what happens.
I agree with this brother! Try another, don't smoke them in cars either they will go out to fast and to often.
They are best imo in the winter, inside.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
So I went back to the b&m and they gave me a discount on a few cigars since I had a bad experience. Told them it wasn't necessary but they are cool guys.

Decided to try a petite corona instead of jumping to a lance. They figured it was just the stick I got. I did confirm though they keep all their sticks at 70rh, and though they were pretty adamant that the stick should have been fine there, one gentleman iv dealt with before suggested letting it dry out a bit before smoking a small ring gauge. Thanks guys I think my next lance will be much better.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Keep in mind that with such a small RG that even just a little extra filler can easily plug it, there is definitely an art to rolling Lanceros and even the best have trouble from time to time.
Ya the guys at the b&m explained how only certain class rolls could roll lanceros and such. Said a lot of companies only have 1 or 2 rolls that can even make them.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I threw out two of those due to having an impossibly tight draw. The draw on a cigar is extremely important to me.
With the tat black I knew, from experience with tats I didn't want to toss it. The flavor was great I just couldn't get a lot of smoke from it. Which disappointed me but it was ok. It was my first lance I don't expert the first to every go great...I'll allow @sean to throw in some references here.