What's new

Laptop Display

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Decided to discharge the battery on my Dell Inspiron 600M today. Up until today, I had been running it on AC for the past 3 weeks. Upon unplugging, the display got significantly dimmer. Is this normal for a lappy??

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
No it's not, although it could be a energy-saving automatic 'feature' or preference setting somewhere. Hit up the Dell KB.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
yes it will be normal if you have that set up like vipe said.... hit the Fn button and the up arrows and it will take it to the brightest setting...

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Found the problem under display...Dell sets up this laptop in "Powerplay Mode". Which in essence, like you guys said, saves battery life. No biggee right now since I run it on AC 99% of the time. Just thought I would discharge the battery about once a month.

chipslave

Gonads and strife...
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
heh... you said bung!

I have had a few probs with my 600m. One of them is that the CD rom drive doesn't always open. I have to try and burn a cd or something for the drive to open up.

The other problem is when I have the battery on ac power for 12 hours straight or something liek that I unhook from the power and the screen goes black. I have to reboot to fix it... Grrrrrr! It hasn't happened much though and its a work computer so I don't care that much... LOL

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
I didn't get the CD burner....only reader and DVD player. Decided to use a jump drive between here and work instead of the writer.

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
DWavs said:
Decided to discharge the battery on my Dell Inspiron 600M today. Up until today, I had been running it on AC for the past 3 weeks. Upon unplugging, the display got significantly dimmer. Is this normal for a lappy??
Depends on the brand. My Gateway laptop does that also. It's a power saving feature that I believe can be turned off.

CMT

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Dell 6160 and yea it does the same. Like Vipe said, It has an energy saving bit that dims the display when not running AC.