What's new

lapyap

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Hey-
I've had to redo some junk for my lapyap account recently and I'm a bit leary of what may be happening.

I am verifying my account so my spending balance is eliminated but in doing so, I am having to link a bank account to my lapyap account. Well, I don't really want to do this. I keep all my electronic payments away from my bank account on purpose so the last thing I want is lapyap to start drawing directly out of my account instead of from the credit card. Do I have anything to worry about or is there somethign I can do to make a credit card purchase instead of an account withdrawl? Or do I just have to deal with it?

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Kurtdesign1 said:
Hey-
I've had to redo some junk for my lapyap account recently and I'm a bit leary of what may be happening.

I am verifying my account so my spending balance is eliminated but in doing so, I am having to link a bank account to my lapyap account. Well, I don't really want to do this. I keep all my electronic payments away from my bank account on purpose so the last thing I want is lapyap to start drawing directly out of my account instead of from the credit card. Do I have anything to worry about or is there somethign I can do to make a credit card purchase instead of an account withdrawl? Or do I just have to deal with it?
i had to do it. so i opened another account with my bank. holds 5 bucks at all times.

lapyap knows about the new account not my regular one.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I have two accounts as well. I have one set up to accept credit card payments (premiere account) and one that won't (personal account). The premiere account is linked to my credit card AND my checking account. When you send funds you can specify where the money comes from.

I haven't had any negative affects in having my lapyap linked to my bank accounts...yet anyway.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
i'm pretty sure you can register another credit card with that account and select to use that instead.

If you go into the "profile" link, under "Financial Information", there is a "Credit Cards" link. Check it out, that may be what your looking for.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Yeah you can add additional funds sources and choose which is your main/backup. Then when you pay for something you select which. I think the plus side is that the direct withdrawl method doesn't cause the person recieving the money to be hit with as much fees.

I miss the old days when I had an account which didn't charge ya to send or recieve money, then they changed the policy... hrmph

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
I had an account and I didn't know my wife had an account, so when I tried to get verified, it wouldn't let me add my checking account since it was attached to another lapyap account...........SO......I cancelled my account, and just use the one my wife set up.............BUT.....when I tried to add MY(not the wife's) credit card to the existing wife's account, it won't accept it as it was listed on my old cancelled account. I have been going back and forth with them for weeks trying to get the card on the account.
I use my credit card exclusively for lapyap transactions so I don't incur the wrath of my wife.....so this has REALLY thrown a monkey wrench into my monkey business!!!!!!!

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Lol Mike.

The fees are unavoidable if you have a premeire account, one that will accept credit card payments. It doesn't matter what type of account the sender has.

Josh, my personal account doesn't charge me anything to send or receive.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Ok, now I'm thoroughly confused. When I go into my account specifics, it states that my bank account is "Confirmed Primary" but when I select to view all credit cards, it says my one desired credit card is also "primary"????? I presume this is referencing the primary money draw, but why would both be called this? I tried starting to send money somewhere and noticed that at the first screen where you eneter the deals specifics, there was no area to specify where you wanted the money drawn from. Any help out there???

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
In the second screen, after you put in the recipients details, it will allow you to select you payment method and confirm.

When you add that credit card there should be a checkbox to "make primary" account or something along those lines.

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
Kurtdesign1 said:
Ok, now I'm thoroughly confused. When I go into my account specifics, it states that my bank account is "Confirmed Primary" but when I select to view all credit cards, it says my one desired credit card is also "primary"????? I presume this is referencing the primary money draw, but why would both be called this? I tried starting to send money somewhere and noticed that at the first screen where you eneter the deals specifics, there was no area to specify where you wanted the money drawn from. Any help out there???
Ashy's correct.....don't worry Craig, you can choose from which accounts or cards you have on the account to pay from.......just don't go to fast through the process.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Ok, looks like it has a primary credit card and a primary bank account. This seems to be a reference to each specific type, as in if you had three cards and three accounts connected...one of each is the primary in that section.

When you send money the choice for which account is on the next/second page...under 'Source of Funds". there is a "More Funding Options" link there.

This is where you choose the source.

Edit: I type too slow.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
You guys are amazing. Thanks so much, you've really made my day. Now, time to melt the CC. $1,500 just goes too quickly for pete's sake!