What's new

large display cabinet humidor....

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
Hey Guys,

Having 2 - 250 count humidors and 1 - large coolidor full I've been thinking of breaking down and getting a nice large display cabinet humidor....

Does anyone have the "Triple D Cigar Cabinet" or any one like it?

So far I like these "styles"...

http://www.cigarsolutions.com/AvalloDDD.html

http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/aristocrat-Mxt.html

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=48db154fa1cbe7f1af102e829c601e48&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=HUM-5000&Category_Code=CABINETHUMIDORS

Any others like these you've seen/recommend?

Any comments, observations, knowledge, tips, etc to add?

I want to be able to keep the cigars in their boxes and display them, much like cigar store would.

I'm not excited that i cant view these in person easily; Normally a purchase of this size/expenses would include a lot of research, but it seems I'm limited by having only the internet.... :help:

Thanks in advance...

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
The first two links are true pieces of hand crafted furniture.

The Cheap humidors isn't even in the same league. Apples & Oranges really.

I have heard nothging but good things about the Avallos.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Avallo and Aristocrat have their own pros and cons. Both are supposed to be excellent, as is the Antietam. I'm afraid there is a huge amount of material out there for you to wade through before making a decision. Let me suggest that you start your research with this thread:
http://forums.cigarweekly.com/viewtopic.php?t=28112

By the time you get through that, you will have more info than you ever wanted to know. :thumbsup:

Happy shopping!!

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Well, I thought about both the Avallo and the Aristocrat...ended up with the Aristocrat...don't regret it at all!

Me too and I'd do it again.

IMO the Aristocrat is a little better looking cabinet, will it make my cigars taste any better than if they were stored in an Avallo, very doubtful. Both build great cabinets that will last a lifetime, research it, call and talk to Bob and Ron and do what you think is best.

I'll add Bob was a pleasure to deal with and when I broke the condensation collector he sent me a free replacement

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I went with a cheaper brand when I bought my cabinet, but I have the Accumonitor in it and my cigars are just fine. I wish I had spent more on a nicer one, but will have to keep the one I have for the next 5-7 years before upgrading. I will probably get one with temp. control in it on the next one.

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I only suggest you buy more than you think you will need. Seems no matter what these things fill up sooner than later.
I have an Aristocrat and absolutely love it...it's my favorite piece of furniture in the whole house.

Sadly, what Steve states above is true! Mine filled up in no time and I wish I had bought larger.

gpugliese

Beware the penguins...
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Whatever you do, don't go for the cheap option. I got the Tampa Humidor Trivoli for $400 thinking I'd be fine, boy was I wrong. Shitty seals, lock doesn't work, hinges that are falling off, it doesn't end.

Spend the money and get an Avallo or Aristocrat.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have an Aristocrat and absolutely love it...it's my favorite piece of furniture in the whole house.

Sadly, what Steve states above is true! Mine filled up in no time and I wish I had bought larger, as it really isn't that much more expensive.

Well that is why in a few months you upgrade.. get a bigger one and sell me the small one.. that way we dont have to ship it anywhere..