What's new

Las Calavares 2023

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First post here but long time cigar smoker. I just bought a box of Las Calavares 2023 and thinking about sitting them down for a little while. What are your all's thoughts on duration? Peak maturation? Possibly not needed at all? I loved the one I smoked and I want to give this box the best chance at gaining something from a little age. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance for your input. Happy to be here.

Thanks,
Eric

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Eric I'm not sure any of us can answer that question. You enjoyed the one you smoked so they may be ready for you now. I usually give everything at least a couple of months but I have a lot of cigars in storage and it isn't an inconvienence putting new stuff away for a while.

You may be making a mistake if you are passing up an enjoyable smoke only because you want to age this box. I think "forum wisdom" is to give them a couple of months then smoke one, if it is better then the last one, give them more time and then smoke another. As long as they are getting better you can continue to age them, if they are getting flat smoke em up!

Remember every palate is different, every cigar is different.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they're good, smoke them now. You could always tuck away half or better and try one in monthly increments. Keep a log book so you don't forget what's good / bad.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Going back 8-10 years I would always wait at least 6 months after the release with any new Crowned Heads cigars because that's when they generally seemed to hit their stride. Fast forward to the last couple of years and that is no longer the case. I think that has a lot to do with Crowned Heads being a new company back then and rushing cigars out to retail before they had sufficient chance to mature. Now that they are well established, they no longer need to do that and the cigars that hit the market have already been sufficiently aged.

The bottom line is if the one you smoked was good, then I would suggest smoking them now.