What's new

Las Calaveras 2015---review/thoughts

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I'm not great with reviews but I'm gonna give this a shot mainly cause no one has done it yet.

I've been waiting for these to come out, and living close to Nashville has its perks. I picked these up on Saturday. I couldn't wait any longer. I'm actually surprised I waited this long.

First inch I got a fruit note. Maybe Apple. It rocked. It soon went away. Until the 1/2 way point this cigar is smooth. With a sweetness that I couldn't quite place. Only thing I could compare it to is a sweet well aged Virginia pipe tobacco.

At around the 1/2 way point there was a nuttiness that tasted like peanut butter. Creamy in the mouth almost. That lasted till the last part

Had a crazy burn at the last part, but not corrected itself without help. The last of this cigar left me wanting more.

Jon, you are a genius man. I absolutely love the LC2014. I tried not to think about that while I smoked the 2015. I really like this cigar. I don't know that it's better than the 2014, and I've only had this one to go off of but I like it. Not that my opinion is any thing other than some random guy on an Internet forum. I hope to shake your hand one day for the fine cigars that I enjoy. You hard work shows through in those.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my box today, had one for lunch. I don't have a real descriptive palette but I agree with the OP on the flavors. I also got a very nice faint pepper in the first inch or so. I'm not usually crazy about the pepper but this was nice, mostly on the finish. The first half was a bit harsh through the nose but it smoothed out by the end. Mine were ROTT of course, so a bit wet which caused me some trouble on the last third, but not enough to upset my overall enjoyment. Looking forward to getting a bit of age on these, should end up being very good. No buyers regret here, contemplating another box if the budget loosens up in time.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
You don't have to lie!

I really did enjoy this cigar. I was scared that I liked the 2014 so much that it would make the 2015 fall short, but it didn't.
Haha. Seriously. I wouldnt brave a atick review.

I enjoyed the 14 as well but the notes that you got from the 15 has me antsy.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Smoked a LC46 that I received today. I agree on the sweetness that I couldn't put my finger on. Also got a very nice leather into the final third. Normally not a fan of leather but it was mild enough and only lasted for a few puffs. Lots of flavor changes and if it was that good ROTT, I am excited to see what a couple weeks of acclimation will do. Looks like a winner so far in my mind though. Nice work CH.

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
I'm still on the fence after my first one yesterday. When I could get smoke the flavors were great, but the draw was impossibly tight until I pulled a giant stem out of it about halfway through. After that, it was burning too fast and got hot with the (sans stem) VERY open draw. Trying another one tomorrow, hoping that first one was the anomaly of the bunch.

I will let you know how it works out.

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I'm still on the fence after my first one yesterday. When I could get smoke the flavors were great, but the draw was impossibly tight until I pulled a giant stem out of it about halfway through. After that, it was burning too fast and got hot with the (sans stem) VERY open draw. Trying another one tomorrow, hoping that first one was the anomaly of the bunch.

I will let you know how it works out.
Well that sucks. Happens though. Maybe it was the 1 bad one of the bunch. Mine had that crazy burn, but corrected itself. I just attributed that to being so fresh.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just picked a few of these up from Atlantic Cigar this AM. Looking forward to giving them I try. I was not lucky enough to score any from 14. If anyone is interested They still have a few boxes in stock of all 3 sizes.

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Smoked #2 last night. A few days rest helped this cigar immensely.

I still got all the sweetness that I still can't place, the peanutty flavor is now leathery and I didn't get the strange fruit note at the beginning that the first one did. LC 2015 is good.