What's new

Latest Thermo Hygrometers from Govee without displays

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Govee has recently introduced a new line of Thermo Hygrometers with Swiss made sensors. They ask me if they sent me these devices, if I would in turn, write and post a review. Of course I said, “Sure.” We have had the same arrangement in the past, and this is my only tie to Govee.

These are the new devices without a display.

The things these devices have in common-
They connect to the Govee app on your smartphone. There each device is represented by a icon that look like the device. You can rename each, which gives you a chance to notate where you have each. The temperature and humidity can be calibrated to a tenth of a degree or percent. You can also set a range for the temperature and/or humidity and ask it to alert you if it exceeds the maximum or minimum. The display shows if it is connected and a scale of the battery life. All the devices come with batteries and a pull tab to activate. They are easy to add to the app. You can look at a graph of the temperature and humidity based on the variation by hour, day, week, month or year. If you really want to geek out, you can export the data. They all come with a User Manual. The temperature range is -4 to 140 F with a variance of +/- 0.54 degrees. The humidity range is 0 to 99%. and a variance of +/- 3% rh.

Model H5174
These are Bluetooth with a range of up to 230 feet. The size is approximately 2 5/16 inches square and 9/16 thick. There is a indicator light that flashes blue to let you know it is connected, or red to show the battery life is less than 15 %. It come with a lanyard and double sided tape. It runs on 3 AA batteries.

Model H5179
These are Bluetooth and WiFi, with ranges of up to 49 feet and 98 feet, respectively. The size is 2 ¾ inches square and ¾ inches thick. There is a indicator light that flashes blue to let you know it is connected, or red to show the battery life is less than 15 %. It comes with a lanyard, wall bracket, and double sided tape. It runs on 3 AA batteries.

For this device, you can set the upload frequency to 10 minutes, 30 minutes or 1 hour. There is a message stating that “The shorter the interval, the shorter the battery life.”

If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them. The devices can be purchased at http://amzn.to/3pSG6at

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
So I read on amazon I think, they give you free database for “X” amount of time then afterwards you pay a yearly fee? Or did I mis-understand it?

I’m also curious though maybe similar to the boveda situation- the bigger the storage the more sensors you’ll need, correct?

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So I read on amazon I think, they give you free database for “X” amount of time then afterwards you pay a yearly fee? Or did I mis-understand it?

I’m also curious though maybe similar to the boveda situation- the bigger the storage the more sensors you’ll need, correct?
I've had some of these since 2018, if my memory is correct. Never paid any fees. I'll try to look into that later, to see if I see what you did.
It would stand to reason, if you have a very large container and want to make sure you don't have areas that are more or less humid than others, you would have more than one sensor. Nothing I have is that big.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Also, I'm not one to care about looking back at the data for an extended time. For my interest, if things hold to a decent range, consistently, I don't care about looking at older time frames. Maybe if you're using one to track a room or basement, and you want to see what went on last year this time, or every spring...
Doesn't seem that important for a humidor, IMO.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also, I'm not one to care about looking back at the data for an extended time. For my interest, if things hold to a decent range, consistently, I don't care about looking at older time frames. Maybe if you're using one to track a room or basement, and you want to see what went on last year this time, or every spring...
Doesn't seem that important for a humidor, IMO.
Yeah same here. Ive been using my Butler for years, everything seems to be pretty consistent year to year using Boveda and temps seem to stay in the 60s year round in the basement. I got tired of replacing batteries so just stopped using it. I trust Boveda enough to do the job it always has done.