What's new

Lcdh

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
So my wife came home from her trip empty handed, at least no cigars, and we learned a good lesson. The prices in the Carribean are totally outrageous!! The one store, in Grand Caymen, that had Sir Winnies wanted 450 for a box!!!!! Even my wife knew that was WAY too much money!

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Sounds like you have a great wife. She's willing to buy you cigars and even knows their pricing. WOW She's a keeper, eh?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I was in Curacao last week, and was able to score '04 Sig V and Coro's at $10 bucks apiece in the hotel store. Had to buy a bunch though-poor me...at the Cigar Emporium in Willemstad, they wanted $28 apiece for the Sig V.

shatfield

Toast? Nope, Burnt!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Was in the dominican republic in January, they wanted $25 each for Opus X and $8 for Hem. Short Stories. The cuban prices weren't as outrageous, but still pretty damn high. (Didn't go into an LCDH, though)

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
stogies&hoagies said:
Sounds like you have a great wife. She's willing to buy you cigars and even knows their pricing. WOW She's a keeper, eh?
Yeah, she's definately a keeper!! She hates that I smoke cigars, but was willing to try to bring back some smokes. :p

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
tubaman said:
Yeah, she's definately a keeper!! She hates that I smoke cigars, but was willing to try to bring back some smokes. :p
Oh my god and I thought it was only my wife who felt that way!! :smt042 Mine offered to pick me up some in PR but I said it wasn't worth it. I didn't really need her getting hasseled with the when going through customs. Plus then I'd have to go bail her out and explain to her folks what happened!! :smt044

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
shatfield said:
Was in the dominican republic in January, they wanted $25 each for Opus X and $8 for Hem. Short Stories. The cuban prices weren't as outrageous, but still pretty damn high. (Didn't go into an LCDH, though)
I've been told many time that Fuente cigars are not available for sale in the DR as they are made in the Free-Trade zone and are for export only.

chris12381

Chris
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ehdg said:
Oh my god and I thought it was only my wife who felt that way!! :smt042 Mine offered to pick me up some in PR but I said it wasn't worth it. I didn't really need her getting hasseled with the when going through customs. Plus then I'd have to go bail her out and explain to her folks what happened!! :smt044
She would haven't been able to find any Cubans in PR. It's a US territory. Nice to know you didn't want her getting pinched though... :D

Chris

shatfield

Toast? Nope, Burnt!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
tedski said:
I've been told many time that Fuente cigars are not available for sale in the DR as they are made in the Free-Trade zone and are for export only.
They weren't very common. What they told me was that they have to export them to the US, then back to the DR. I did see some glass top Opus X, though. Even my fiance could tell they were fake. They were right next to the glass top Cohibas.