What's new

Leaving it all Behind

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you have had a bad(ish) day, and you go to bed thinking of what you would do if you could just leave it all behind (afford to leave it all behind)... where does your mind take you?

My mind seemingly takes me to one of two places:

The first is an excursion to regain balance away from the family. It involves hiking the Pacific Crest Trail from Mexico to Canada solo. Just me and my pipe... and the awesome beard I would grow. :)

The second involves my family and a revamped fishing boat (a yacht doesn't seem right). Starting with the inside passage... going only God knows where and ultimately, who cares lol.

For some reason, excursions rate high on my leaving it all behind list lol.

You??

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
For me it's two very different places. First would be Squamish BC living in a cabin skiing and climbing with the wife every day. Second would be some island with great diving and tropical fruit all around. Again with the wife guess I like spending time with her lol.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
For me it's two very different places. First would be Squamish BC living in a cabin skiing and climbing with the wife every day. Second would be some island with great diving and tropical fruit all around. Again with the wife guess I like spending time with her lol.
Good point - the coast of British Columbia and Vancouver Island (particularly Tofino)

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Personally, I don't have any single place or activity I drift off to, because I know it will still be me in all of those places. I find myself daydreaming about a renewed sense of vigor or how it would be if I had all of the personal attributes that I come up short on. Leaving behind the person I am for the person I want to be.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I don't have any single place or activity I drift off to, because I know it will still be me in all of those places. I find myself daydreaming about a renewed sense of vigor or how it would be if I had all of the personal attributes that I come up short on. Leaving behind the person I am for the person I want to be.
Damn... that's a whole other level. Nice!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
There used to be a great tobbaconist on Government Street in Victoria. Last time I was there would have been around 1995. They had this beautiful marble pillar in the middle of the store with four brass spigots coming out and they were actually lighters. Continual flame, just walk up and light your pipe.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I have two places. One is at my families beach house in Florida, it's on a ferry access only island, where golf carts are the main mode of transportation. A much simpler life of beach fishing and bike rides with my wife and little girls tends to bring serenity back to my life when it gets hectic.

The other is much different, and involves relentlessly value betting fish at the 5/10 game at Bellagio. The idea of scooping pots tends to bring me to a better frame of mind as well.

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
This may sound out of the element, but I imagine my house is filled with some of my loved ones/friends that have passed on, its a fun, whirlwind of interaction and time doesn't exist.
That's where I go.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may sound out of the element, but I imagine my house is filled with some of my loved ones/friends that have passed on, its a fun, whirlwind of interaction and time doesn't exist.
That's where I go.
Nice!!

Between the two of you guys... I feel like a shallow bastard LOL :)!!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would ask why the bad day? The problem with bad days is the person that caused it is typically the person your stuck with. At least every time I reflect thats what I come up with, BUT not to derail your thread any..... I do daydream of me, my wife my kids on a 37ish ft power boaTT somewhere enjoyable and relaxing. Fishing for food, swimming in the lake, playing cards and just being together. No cell phones, no video games, no high school girl drama, no work crazy just 5 humans on a boat enjoying each other. Drop the anchor in a cove and just chill! Tell stories, laugh, BBQ, fish and drink bourbon and enjoy a great cigar and even better company!

COME BACK JAY...COME BACK TO REALITY...lol

Cheers
Jay

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it doesn't have to be a bad day per se, but I can see where you were going. That said, the person you are stuck with could be your boss / business partner / or even the place you are living or the car you are driving. :)

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I would pack up the motorhome and just head out to places like British Columbia, Vamp, Alaska and mexico. If I could find enough other RVers that would like to make the journey (for safety) make our way to Nicaragua.
I dont know man, after that last RV trip and the way it turned out, you may want to come sit on my cabin porch for a while... :)

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Mine would be a little hunting shack on a private lake and 400 acres. A place where moose, elk and deer roam without a worry. I'd wake up to the buggles of rutted up elk. Throw a couple logs on the wood stove to keep the cabin warm while I was out chasing some of the greatest big game in the world.

I find that what I want in my "retreats" is 180 degrees different than my normal life. In my normal life I am surrounded by people and opinions all day. What I seek the most is solitude. A place I can go and not have to worry about other peoples opinions of me or my performance.