What's new

Lets see what how you organize your App

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
We have threads for what we smoke every day what we purchase, how we store it, etc. I've recently finished inventorying most of my cigars in my app (Cigar Scanner) Now I only use this app because it was the 1st suggested to me on a cruise so I'm sure there are many other great apps, and really this could be done in excel, or on a piece of paper the old fashioned way. I thought it would be neat to see if anyone else has gone through the trouble of recording their cigars and what it looks like.

So far I have recorded 91 specific cigars (since November 2019) and I have added 13 to my favorite smokes (which probably means I've already bought multiple boxes of each)

While smoking I find lots of free time, so I ended up adding my current 7 humidors and 1173 cigars to those humidors

By opening any humidor you can see the inventory in that humidor, so now when I smoke I will usually decrement the amount by 1 and when I receive new inventory I add it to the appropriate humidor. It's also kind of nice you are able to enter the price you paid and get an idea how out of hand our cigar spending is (or may be ;) .

Anyway this started out with me just trying to add some cigars so I wouldn't forget which ones I liked/didn't like but now I have just about my entire inventory logged, rated, and monitored. Apparently I can buy wifi hydrometers and monitor that per humidor, but I'm pretty ok with the boveda's. Would love to see what others have done to keep track of their inventories....

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I don't catalog 1offs which are some of the best cigars I have, so there will likely be some surprises with them. This is more for my regular inventory.

It was really unintentional, just something I started so I didn't re-buy cigars that were mediocre. Smoking 3-4 a day provided me with adequate time to keep entering more into the app and voila.... I was looking at it today and thought it would be interesting to see if anyone else was cataloging this way.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I made an excel spreadsheet with dates, prices, etc. But then a couple days of not keeping up on it and it's now just a snapshot of where my collection was last August or whatever.

I thought I would enjoy knowing what I have more than I did. I actually found I like the mystery