What's new

Let's talk payment options

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
So, getting into CCs a little more, and was wondering if anybody knows of a prepaid, or reloadable Visa that can be used internationally. Only purchase I've made was from a prepaid Visa several years ago with no problems. Now, they've changed their policy. All I have is Mastercard debit cards, which I refuse to use this way, and a discover card, which isn't accepted.
I know the easiest solution is to get a Visa credit card, but really dont want to do that surely there is a prepaid option out there...

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
A prepaid Visa you pick up from any type of store should still be a Visa credit card essentially. It's actually a really good idea to do all you can to prevent fraud, I hadn't even thought of doing that.

Might also be a good way to stick to a yearly budget, say you load $500 in the beginning of the year and once it's done you don't add more

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
The prepaid I used previously (my bank sells) is no longer able to be used internationally.
Also, If this is too "forward" for discussion publicly, I apologize. PM would work, if needed

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My wife has a separate "electrotonic" account that is funded out of family funds as needed. The only balance it carries is what is needed at the time. I'm not sure what account information is available to the seller other then if a payment has sufficient funds to clear. If you spend $500 a month keep a $500 balance. Let me know if I'm not seeing this correctly so I can make a change if needed. The seller will have your name, addy and account number no matter what you do.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
My wife has a separate "electrotonic" account that is funded out of family funds as needed. The only balance it carries is what is needed at the time. I'm not sure what account information is available to the seller other then if a payment has sufficient funds to clear. If you spend $500 a month keep a $500 balance. Let me know if I'm not seeing this correctly so I can make a change if needed. The seller will have your name, addy and account number no matter what you do.
I have the same thing. Seperate debit card for NC's, golf stuff, etc. that I use the same way. Hesitant to try it internationally though.
May be overthinking this, but identity theft is no joke. Visa CC might be the way to go after all

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Call your bank and ask them to explain to you how you can get burned using that account. If you can do a bank transfer or wire from the account.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Soooo everyone is mentioning wiring the money internationally but most major banks charge around 75$ For an international wire. Not to mention if a wire goes bad you are SOL. Versus with visa credit cards their fraud protection and guarantees are fantastic. You’ll get your money back if the loss is a result of fraud every single time. Oh and #cashbackfordays

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I’ve never thought to do this. Might not be a bad idea to give this a shot one day. Set a limit of X amount of $$ and once it’s gone it’s gone....

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk
I use a similar method we just set what each of us will spend each month for fun stuff; most of mine goes to cigars, and hers goes to nails, cosmetics, hair stuff... stuff she likes. We both monitor the account... I miss having my own account, but this works for us.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have an AMEX that my wife does not. At first it worked well because I had to pay off the balance each month. But after awhile they let you carry a balance for major purchases, and my impulse control is not the best...slippery slope indeed