What's new

Let's talk pipe lighters

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm going to preface this by saying I know, matches and Bic lighters work fine. I have both, that's not what I want to use. I have a Vertigo Puffer and it also works fine BUT I end up cranking the flame adjustment up as the butane gets low, then I refill and have an insane palm sized flamethrower; not a fan of that.
I've been looking at these options:
-Zippo case with a Vector Thunderbird butane pipe insert
-Xikar Pipeline
-Peterson Thinking Man
-Kiribi Kabuto
-IM Corona Old Boy
Obviously the last 3 are pricey. I love the Old Boy style/look. I'm mostly looking for what you guys/gals have used in the above list and what you think is reliable or junk. I'm willing to spend Old Boy money, but I prefer the Zippo options' price:whistle:

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I'm going to preface this by saying I know, matches and Bic lighters work fine. I have both, that's not what I want to use. I have a Vertigo Puffer and it also works fine BUT I end up cranking the flame adjustment up as the butane gets low, then I refill and have an insane palm sized flamethrower; not a fan of that.
I've been looking at these options:
-Zippo case with a Vector Thunderbird butane pipe insert
-Xikar Pipeline
-Peterson Thinking Man
-Kiribi Kabuto
-IM Corona Old Boy
Obviously the last 3 are pricey. I love the Old Boy style/look. I'm mostly looking for what you guys/gals have used in the above list and what you think is reliable or junk. I'm willing to spend Old Boy money, but I prefer the Zippo options' price:whistle:
I have a xikar pipeline & love it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I have both the Peterson and the Kiribi and would highly recommend either. Big tanks, solid consistent flame.

I also have a Vector insert, which is a good lighter, but the tank doesn't hold much and it's very hard to see the fuel level.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have both the Peterson and the Kiribi and would highly recommend either. Big tanks, solid consistent flame.

I also have a Vector insert, which is a good lighter, but the tank doesn't hold much and it's very hard to see the fuel level.
The more I look and research today, the more I lean toward the Kiribi. That black nickel finish is calling me

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
The more I look and research today, the more I lean toward the Kiribi. That black nickel finish is calling me
Yup, that's the finish I have, you won't be sorry.
WOW! That is a beautiful lighter! I did a basic Google search for it and it appears that everyone is out of stock on it except for the sites that charge more than MSRP. How often do retailers get these in stock?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
WOW! That is a beautiful lighter! I did a basic Google search for it and it appears that everyone is out of stock on it except for the sites that charge more than MSRP. How often do retailers get these in stock?
I snagged up the short version. I hope MSRP is close to $72:D Looks like tobaccopipes has the short, smoking pipes has both short and long I think, pipe nook has the long but not the short (in that finish).
I'm really liking that Kiribi.
Right now I use a zippo with a normal pipe insert. Hate having to refill it every other day as the fuel evaporates though.
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
That's what I keep hearing but I've never owned a zippo before. I only smoke pipes/cigars 3x a week so I'd lose a lot of fuel to evaporation. Also hate that the butane pipe insert is only open on one side unlike the regular zippo pipe insert that is open on BOTH sides.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I love my Xikar Resource lighter. This sucker is nearly windproof with the soft flame. Has your tools all built in. I've been using this lighter for years. I wouldn't mind getting a back up pipe lighter someday but this one has never let me down.
http://www.xikar.com/products/lighters/resource/
That would have been one of my top choices for a non-flint ignition lighter but I wanted a flint ignition. Picky picky, I know.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Apprently Jetline has just released a couple of 'NEW" Pipe lighter that cost just under $13.00. Jetline is what I call functional, not fancy, but the good news is their products work well.

Google will find their web-site with a few key strokes.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I have the Peterson thinking man in silver and I think it broke today. :(. Has worked fine for a couple years and now I’m not getting a spark