What's new

Lets Vherf Sunday 7pm CDT

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
We spoke a bit earlier in the week about doing a tasting Vherf where newbs and experienced smokers burn the same cigar, share tasting notes. I still think that's a good thing but lets get started by everyone grabbing a smoke and joining on the forum Sunday 3/26 at 7 pm Central Daylight Time. See how it works out, if there is interest we'll schedule more. Maybe decide which cigars are good "tasting" cigars to help us new guys train our palates.

I'm going to light up an Aging Room Small Batch M356 Habano. I've had the cigar about a month and I hope that's enough time for the Ligero wrapper.

Hope to see a bunch of you join us

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sorry you can't make it. Lets make sure we schedule the "Tasting Vherf" when you can participate. Had a bunch of people suggest we just get together and smoke a cigar and that's what this is intended to do. I'm not expecting anyone to have a M356 ready to smoke by Sunday. Any suggestions for a tasting cigar and a good time to do it? Do you think a couple weeks lead time would be enough?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I find some cigars simply taste better with a long rest. Correctly or incorrectly Ligero tobacco tends to be more flavorful and heavier bodied, a flavor profile I believe would improve with several months of rest. I smoke mainly Maduros and I have noticed that a 3 month + rest improves their flavor.
This is my first M356 so I guess I'll find out:wtf:

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I find some cigars simply taste better with a long rest. Correctly or incorrectly Ligero tobacco tends to be more flavorful and heavier bodied, a flavor profile I believe would improve with several months of rest. I smoke mainly Maduros and I have noticed that a 3 month + rest improves their flavor.
This is my first M356 so I guess I'll find out:wtf:
But with most NCs, you don't know when they were rolled.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Agreed. Most videos I see of re-sellers filling orders the cigars are wrapped in plastic and stored in large cardboard boxes. You know these cigars haven't seen good humidity, cedar and air flow since they where packed at the factory. I spoke to a CLE rep about why the Nycophilia tasted so much better then the Asylum. He told me the Nycophilia was aged for 8 to 9 months before shipping out to the B&M the standard Asylum was packed and shipped right away.
The Drew Estates guy I met recently also commented that his Maduro cigars improve with rest.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Agreed. Most videos I see of re-sellers filling orders the cigars are wrapped in plastic and stored in large cardboard boxes. You know these cigars haven't seen good humidity, cedar and air flow since they where packed at the factory. I spoke to a CLE rep about why the Nycophilia tasted so much better then the Asylum. He told me the Nycophilia was aged for 8 to 9 months before shipping out to the B&M the standard Asylum was packed and shipped right away.
The Drew Estates guy I met recently also commented that his Maduro cigars improve with rest.
There are lots of NC's with 6 months to a year or more rest before shipping. Fuente Hemingway, and Añejo immediately come to mind.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just a little bump, bring a cigar, an easy chair, your favorite beverage and hang out a little while. Tonight, right here at 7:00 pm CDT!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That's probably a question that can go unanswered because I sure as the devil wouldn't of paid someone for them! The same idiot made my nubber
20170327_072305.jpg