What's new

LG 4K OLED 65"

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Alright all...need some brotherly assistance in this matter.

Looking at buying a 4K OLED 65" LG television. They're pricier than what I like but they're one of the best displays on the market.

Anyone have any real world experience with an OLED TV? Any insights or things I should know? Recommended places to buy?

Here's my thought - buy the TV from Best Buy and use one of the less reputable sellers online (like TVSuperstores or JoesAV) to do a credit card price protection, effectively giving me a $500 "return" credit.

Thought I might buy from BuyDig online - I'd have to wait for them to ship it, but I could save a few more dollars that route and still get a manufacturer's warranty since they're an authorized online retailer.

Help!

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I bought my 50" Panasonic plasma thru Buydig. It was totally worth due to the amount of money I saved at the time. Still using it today but prices are way different now. At the time it was right around $2100 and everyone else was around $3300. Keep thinking about upgrading but I don't watch movies and the plasma is great for sports. Sure wish my Minnesota teams were as good as my TV ;)

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Thought I might buy from BuyDig online - I'd have to wait for them to ship it, but I could save a few more dollars that route and still get a manufacturer's warranty since they're an authorized online retailer.
I have a pretty extensive background in consumer products; everything from logistics, buying, customer support, and replenishment for a major retailer to working in the Supplier/Vendor community selling analytical software and supporting entire industry verticles and I can confidently tell you that 38% of TVs that are shipped end up broken in transit. Shipping from a smaller outfit like BuyDig, those rates go up and then you have to deal with their customer service and exchange programs to get the broken tv replaced. Good end up being a nightmare.

But, it could be great in cost savings if you get a TV that arrives whole.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I narrow it down to a few comperable models I find on Amazon. Then go see them at Best Buy. While at best buy I usually make my decision on a buying from Amazon. BTW If the newest model number is like kdl1240 and last years is kdl1230 or something you can save alot getting last years model on Amazon. Sometimes only the bezzel changes on new models or maybe the new model ships with a few more apps vs the old one.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I narrow it down to a few comperable models I find on Amazon. Then go see them at Best Buy. While at best buy I usually make my decision on a buying from Amazon. BTW If the newest model number is like kdl1240 and last years is kdl1230 or something you can save alot getting last years model on Amazon. Sometimes only the bezzel changes on new models or maybe the new model ships with a few more apps vs the old one.
Truth

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I have a pretty extensive background in consumer products; everything from logistics, buying, customer support, and replenishment for a major retailer to working in the Supplier/Vendor community selling analytical software and supporting entire industry verticles and I can confidently tell you that 38% of TVs that are shipped end up broken in transit. Shipping from a smaller outfit like BuyDig, those rates go up and then you have to deal with their customer service and exchange programs to get the broken tv replaced. Good end up being a nightmare.

But, it could be great in cost savings if you get a TV that arrives whole.
Certainly a concern I had - the way it works is to refuse shipment if it's damaged, and to test it before you sign for it. A lot to do while the delivery guy is waiting on you, but it's a pretty significant purchase and I'd be foolish not to.

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Been to every store in 50 miles that sells what I'm looking for but no local price is competitive. I'm set on an OLED and I'm fine with last years model, but they're difficult to find.

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Well, here's what I've got - I've found a OLED65E6P (2016 model) from a refurb TV outlet in Fresno (about 350 miles from me).

I put a deposit down on it and will either drive to Fresno to pick it up in person, or look at ground shipping options (trucking company, ground freight) to have it shipped to me.

Here's my next thought - I've got a small pickup (S10) and I'm debating on if it's safer for me to go and pick it up myself (and see it in person, test it out, etc.) or if I should have the trucking company deliver it...the cost difference is only about $100 ($100 to ship, $200 if I drive there and pick it up). The catch 22 is if I go and pick it up, it's a 11 hour round trip. :(

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I would just order online from a place that has free shipping and make sure the package is in good shape. I've never had any issues with tvs/monitors being damaged. You might get lucky. You never know.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I purchased my last 60" plasma from Costco. They add an extra year warranty to their electronics, not to mention their great return policy. When I was in there last Saturday they had a 65" OLED either Samsung or LG on sale. I didn't look to closely so not to be tempted.

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I'd buy it at Costco. Great customer service, great return policy, extra warranty...

The picture on it did look amazing.
I ended up getting last years E model for about 33% of that. Albeit, it's used and out of warranty, and I had to invest some time / gas, but the savings was substantial.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
View attachment 102807 Sorry for the delay in responding. Ended up picking up my TV last weekend, been in MI visiting family all week.

Say hello to the LG OLED65E6P!
sweet tv bro ! I just picked up a OLED65C7P not too long ago myself. would have went E7, but I plan on going with a Dolby Atmos surround sound system so I passed on the integrated sound bar with the E7. if you want more info on the tv, you can find everything you want to know here - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/ . enjoy