What's new

Libation Eye Candy in the Liquor Cabinet

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Love your candy, who do you know to get the Pappy's?
Yeah who do you know to get all three.
I'll save you the trouble if you don't mind Dave.
I've seen him mention in the past that he's got some good local shops that he's been a loyal patron of for a long time, and they show their appreciation for his being a good customer by giving him a shot at that stuff. That's usually how it works, the best customers of shops get first chance at the special items.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I once had a guy sell me a 2010 Lot b. For retail cost of CCs in trade.... true story :)
True Botl..... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought by now the craziness would have passed for this bourbon but I was wrong. I was offered $1800 for these 3 bottles. It's good but not that good. It sure has made finding Weller difficult. Old Weller Antique was until a few years ago the bourbon I recommended to folks as the best bourbon out there for the money. Anyone could find a bottle of it in any liquor store for around $14.99. Then the craziness really started and availability vanished. Old Julian Van Winkle and Buffalo Trace for that matter are marketing geniuses. I am a consumer of bourbon not a collector. I never buy a bottle with the idea I am going to sell it as this is why the availability is so poor for some of these bourbons. I would say that 70% of every bottle of Van Winkle that is sold at retail is resold by the buyer at the kind of prices I mentioned earlier in this post. I have been fortunate to have access to this bourbon without having to play a lot of silly games to get it but that may be ending as the owner of my liquor store died 2 months ago and the place is being sold. Don't know how the new owners will treat me. I was introduced to them by the wife of the former owner so at least they know who I am. Time will tell. If I am cut off I can be very content with Blanton, Booker's, Woodford Double Oak for sipping and Heaven Hill 6 year BIB for my cocktails. Lots of good stuff out there.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0

Might be a little derailing, but I have no baller bourbons. Really nice to see some pappy collections though!

BUT this was Nice to see in the wild, but will probably never make it to my cabinet. Best part talking with the employee at the liquor store he said people kept coming in asking for these bottles and when they got them, they came back, complained about NY pricing and left empty handed. I said to him chances are they’re looking to flip for profit since the secondary market is huge right now.

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk

Rating - 100%
16   0   0

Might be a little derailing, but I have no baller bourbons. Really nice to see some pappy collections though!

BUT this was Nice to see in the wild, but will probably never make it to my cabinet. Best part talking with the employee at the liquor store he said people kept coming in asking for these bottles and when they got them, they came back, complained about NY pricing and left empty handed. I said to him chances are they’re looking to flip for profit since the secondary market is huge right now.

My palate is not safisticated enough to for there spirits, plus it would take my more an entire month pension to buy the three bottles.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
My palate is not safisticated enough to for there spirits, plus it would take my more an entire month pension to buy the three bottles.
I’ve had the opportunity to try old forester’s 2016 birthday bourbon and it was amazing. A local bar had that one and a few of the HTF pappy, 4 roses line, old forester and weller lines. I’m happy trying them out and saying I’ve had it.

Like I told my wife last night, when find a house for ourselves (currently hunting for one), I’m going to find a bottle of pappy and buy it because I’ll never be able to probably get one again. So I’m saving my pennies for one.

My liquor stash is currently in 2 big rubbermaid bins.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well there are a couple of Yuppie Bars in PHX that have a lot of the high end Scotches, and Bourbons by the shot for $100.00-$200.00 a 1.5 ounce shot. Too rich for my blood.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Wow!! I thought $30.00 was bad LOL.

One of the places is a Cigar Bar the Owner is a piece of work, everything is jacked up 20-25% over Manufactures Suggested Retail, he is like a Shark feeding on inocent baby Penguins. I had to laught when I say a $79.95 Retail XIKAR Lighter marked $100.00. Some people just suck his employees are like his customers, not treated well..

Rating - 100%
62   0   0

The old RiP is not open because I just finished another bottle a few weeks back. But have no fear it won’t last all of 2018.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have a bottle of Blanton's balancing on top of a bottle of Old Forester!?!?

Impressive.:)

I have multiple teenage boys in my house. There is no where in my place, including inside a gun safe, sitting directly on my post-tensioned slab, stable enough to balance one bottle on top of another for more than maybe 5 minutes. :ROFLMAO:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a bottle of Blanton's balancing on top of a bottle of Old Forester!?!?

Impressive.:)

I have multiple teenage boys in my house. There is no where in my place, including inside a gun safe, sitting directly on my post-tensioned slab, stable enough to balance one bottle on top of another for more than maybe 5 minutes. :ROFLMAO:
I was wondering the same thing. There is no way I would do that. I have yet to find a bottle to try in Las Vegas.