What's new

Life gets in the way sometimes

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Lately I haven’t had much motivation to roll some cigars. I gotta change that

But I suppose the reason is because the doctor said my thyroid hast to come out.
11 needle biopsy and the doc said it’s got to go

Not looking forward to it one bit.

Going to the pulmonologist next week because I’ve got a bunch of large “nodules” AKA spots on my lungs. I need my lungs so I hope the doc doesn’t want to remove those. I’m not done using my lungs! ;)

Sorry for the unpleasant post, just had to get it off my chest, so to speak.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Hoping for the best. It's always the right idea to just get things done instead of putting them off. We'll still be here, as will your rolling supplies. Get better first :)

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey thank you everyone. I really appreciate the kind words. It cheered me up and I appreciate that.

It’s good these things can be detected early.
Premortem detection is always better than postmortem I’d say.

The doc said I’m not lazy but low energy because of it. I explained that I want to sleep more and don’t have energy like I did a few months ago.

What’s she know? Let’s face it, I’m lazy but now I have an excuse for it. ;)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear this news. However, many of these condition caught early are easily correctable. I'd definitely get a second opinion. I've got a hunch you're going to be just fine! You just need a few tweaks every now and then. At 67 my energy level has gone down and I think you have to roll with the punch. It's a natural course of aging. Stay busy my friend.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The other night I finally took the time to roll some. First let me say, making something with my hands is very therapeutic and rewarding.

This was rolled using the book method of bunching then molded in a 48rg Keith Jones mold

It’s fantastic and I think I’m going to continue using a mold

One leaf each:
Ometepe seco
Nicaraguan viso
Nicaraguan Jalapa ligero
Bound in Dominican binder
Wrapped with BMF

it’s quite mild and delicious as a new cigar

Can’t wait for the balance of then to age. It’s milder than I expected

Very rich and smooth. Unexpectedly smooth. Going to make more and order more Nicaraguan viso and Ometepe seco from Leaf Only.

Last edited: