What's new

Live review: 2006 rass

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Recieved this cigar from a great BOTL in a Make a Wish thread. Light colorado brown wrapper. A little ugly but smooth to the touch. No apparant veins. This is from a 2006 cabinet of 50 cigars hence, the extreme box press that RASS typically has in a 25 count is non existant. Bottom of the foot is a little banged up due to travel however, ce la vie.

The foot is very packed. the cigar is firm throughout the body. Solid. A quick punch through the cap however, cracks the cap. Might be a little dry. Hope that this isn't difficult to smoke.

Cold draw brings that fruity/earthy combination again. Really starting to recognize this profile as I smoke through more RA on a repeated basis. A hint of cedar, more light a light brushing for contrast.

The RASS takes to flame quite easily. A wonderful burst of dried fruit and a husky dose of earthiness. Gonna like this one, I think.

The draw is effortless. The cracked cap is a bit a pain but there are bigger things to worry about in the world. Time to sit back, enjoy the gorgeous sunshine and be thankful for having such an amazing wife.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

The ash is light grey/whitish. A little crumbly due to the crack in the foot. Burn is a little off but I think it will correct itself. Much more cinnamon and dried fruit tones in this one. The earthiness is more of a background singer vs. singing a duet. A hint of chocolate and creaminess really compliments the flavours. reminds me of whipped creme with chocolate drippings and a marachino cherry on top before you hit the ice cream. Lusciousness!!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Entering the 2nd third. Now, we are talking!!! The earthiness has come back with a vengence to pimp slap the fruitiness characteristics out of the way. Take a backseat baby, it says. chocolate tones are more pronounced as well. The burn line has evened out and this thing is billowing smoke. Such an easy draw. The strength is medium. This cigar has really aged nicely. The boldness of a RASS has transformed to more complex, refined flavours. Easy to pick out however, singing in unison like the mormon tabernacle choir. TO quote a McDonalds ad "I'm LOVING it!!!!!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

All I can say about the final third is: Harmony, Balance, Stars aligned, Pure Bliss. The fruitiness and earthiness do a dance throughout the final third that would win "DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE' competition.

What a great way to spend the afternoon. Sun is shining. Wife is happy with her gifts and time for Mother's day and a fantastic cigar to enjoy. Can't get better than that.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Nice live review! You seem to be related to Ron aka Shuckins :) I have a couple 06 left myself. Gonna burn one down in a few hours. Thanks 4 the reminder!

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Nice to see a RASS review w/ a little game on it.....great review.

No 06 or 05s here....but I did recently pick up a 5'er of 04s that I'm looking forward to burning. Hopefully they'll perform as well as the 06 did for you.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
The ash is light grey/whitish. A little crumbly due to the crack in the foot. Burn is a little off but I think it will correct itself. Much more cinnamon and dried fruit tones in this one. The earthiness is more of a background singer vs. singing a duet. A hint of chocolate and creaminess really compliments the flavours. reminds me of whipped creme with chocolate drippings and a marachino cherry on top before you hit the ice cream. Lusciousness!!
Wow, just wow. Well, yet another smoke I need to add to the list. These never get too much age with me. :( heh

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm surprised you didn't pick up any gingerbread/graham cracker mix in it, that's the biggest flavor I pick up in Ramon Allones. I enjoyed your review a lot though, thanks!