What's new

Local Treats

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How youall are? eh?

Boudie was the nickname of my 1st lab, Boudreau

I'm in the Slidell/Pearl River area
Damn Boudie, I am from St. Tammany Parish as well! Went to high school in Covington and lived on the Tchefuncte river in Madisonville for 20+ years. Somewhat recent transplant to south FL primarily to be closer to the Bahamas. (I'm a boater).

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Damn Boudie, I am from St. Tammany Parish as well! Went to high school in Covington and lived on the Tchefuncte river in Madisonville for 20+ years. Somewhat recent transplant to south FL primarily to be closer to the Bahamas. (I'm a boater).

Like we don't have a hell of a lot of water down here?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, fellow Louisianian. Your name is close to one of my favorite foods....Smoked Boudin.
I may have moved out of LA but I keep a freezer stocked with smoked boudin and pepperjack filled boudin balls! I restock every year when I go home for Thanksgiving. :)
20240222_093547.jpg

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I may have moved out of LA but I keep a freezer stocked with smoked boudin and pepperjack filled boudin balls! I restock every year when I go home for Thanksgiving. :)
View attachment 189634
I'm stopping at Billy's on my way to watch the eclipse if you say it's good I'll pick some up.

Bourque's in Point Barre is a can't miss when on 190. They make a jalapeno cheese bread that is killer. Also really good cracklins when you get them fresh.

It's been a long time since I've seen my feet! Too much of this stuff I guess.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm stopping at Billy's on my way to watch the eclipse if you say it's good I'll pick some up.
Most definitely! I highly recommend the pepperjack-stuffed boudin balls. The regular ones are excellent too, but when the pepperjack is melted in the center it is simply epic!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yea, the neat part about clear water is that you can see the bull sharks as they come up to you. In Louisiana it's kind of "SURPRISE"
Gotta love that chocolate milkshake water. One time I was wadefishing...had been catching a few redfish off and on all day. I had what I thought was another on my line, and when the leader was showing I reached down distractedly to grab him and very nearly shoved my hand into the open mouth of a blacktip. There is definitely something to be said for visibility. :ROFLMAO:

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yea, I was wade fishing the Chandelier Islands in hip deep water when (i swear he gets bigger as I get older) an easily 4 footer passed maybe 3ft away from me. My buddies began calling me Jesus because I was walking on water getting the hell out of there. Good times