What's new

lookin for lurkers

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Burned it down this morning, i’m really happy with the construction at about a 44 ring gauge. The draw ended up being just right, and it burned really nice. The flavor was not good, like tart wet grass. Not sure if I should have let it sit for longer than the 5 days, but I’m really looking forward to getting back to it and rolling some more. Thanks again @webmost

B7752D9A-6FD3-477C-9605-B3DC4AA54472.jpeg

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
@webmost thank you again! I finally had the time to sit down and give rolling a shot, what a frustrating yet extremely rewarding experience that was. I’m really looking forward to smoking it, the draw came out great
View attachment 129801

I’ll make a second attempt soon, I learned a lot from this first one
Looks good, better than my first one or for that matter better than my second one also.(y)

Jody

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Looks good, better than my first one or for that matter better than my second one also.(y)

Jody
Thanks man! Everything got so crumbly (forgot a spray mister, was using my fingers) so I think that enabled me to pack it small - after a few rolls and unrolls. Really looking forward to see what everyone keeps putting out as we learn (y)

Boat shoes look fine too.
Mine are put away until it thaws out round here.
I only have three pairs of non-dress shoes, so with socks they stay warm all year round. I’ve taken my fair share of spills on the ice though, i’ll learn one day to just put on my damn boots.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks man! Everything got so crumbly (forgot a spray mister, was using my fingers) so I think that enabled me to pack it small - after a few rolls and unrolls. Really looking forward to see what everyone keeps putting out as we learn (y)

I only have three pairs of non-dress shoes, so with socks they stay warm all year round. I’ve taken my fair share of spills on the ice though, i’ll learn one day to just put on my damn boots.
Winter, I like the oversized mud boots beside the door from the laundry room to the garage. I leave the laces all floppyso's I can just step into them to take the dog out or fetch the mail. Then I kick them off on the way back in to leave the mess outside. But I wore my two toned boat shoes on my cross country ride. Comfy, adaptable, not too hot, good wet or dry.

The hell you doing with dress shoes? I eliminated all them long ago. That and ties.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Winter, I like the oversized mud boots beside the door from the laundry room to the garage. I leave the laces all floppyso's I can just step into them to take the dog out or fetch the mail. Then I kick them off on the way back in to leave the mess outside. But I wore my two toned boat shoes on my cross country ride. Comfy, adaptable, not too hot, good wet or dry.

The hell you doing with dress shoes? I eliminated all them long ago. That and ties.
I have some muck boots like that too, or if there's no snow I'll break out the moccasin slippers. Boat shoes are my go to in warm weather, you cant beat the comfort of some worn in old sperrys. As for the dress shoes, unfortunately I'm a slave to the corporate honchos, I work in insurance and we're still business casual/dress for your day.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Answers will vary. Some live in a climate that is perfect humidity, some have climates too dry, maybe some have it too damp. I store mine in the bags and boxes they came in, bags taped shut. If the need added moisture to roll without crumbling, I'll spritz the leaves I'm using (not the whole pound) and let the moisture distribute. Webmost has a really cool setup with a rack in a cooler to humidify leaves without spritzing when he needs too.
It depends on your house humidity so there is no single right answer on how to store them.
To add another voice: I store my leaf sealed with a binder clip in the bag it was shipped in. The day before my rolling I take out the leaves I need to roll, spritz them with distilled water and lay them gently into a separate bag. One bag for filler, one for binder, one for wrapper. The point of moistening them is to gently encourage them to be as flat as possible without crumbling ( too dry) or dripping (too wet). I have found IN GENERAL that one squirt on one side for filler, then stacked front to back. One squirt per side for binder, and 1-2 squirts per side for wrapper. If the leaves are very long I may fold the stack once across the width of the leaf( fold the stem) to make it fit into the bag. When I'm finished rolling for the day, any remaining leaf is flattened out and placed back into the delivery bag. All my leaves are stored between rolling sessions in a Tupperware tote. The scrap leaf ( usually wrapper) goes into a separate bag and is used to roll a rack of smaller cigars. I have a robusto mold dedicated to this purpose. In order to aid in remembering which filler is which ( they are all shoved into the same bag) I write the name on a 3x5 file card placed in plastic sandwich bags. The file card goes in the stack at the points where the leaf type changes.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I gave my first two attempt a try. My first roll had some soft spots, so i ended up
Cutting it in half to get a decent draw. Was still loose, but it smoked ok. Had a decent flavor, mild pepper and some cocoa. Number 2, was well, number 2. I must have used all one kind of filler, it was beyond a pepper bomb, retrohaling was a near death experience.

The flavor of the first, combined with the almost cigar like appearance and good draw of the second will have me trying again for sure!
We've all been there. I have advised several friends that everybody has a couple dozen crappy sticks in their fingers. You just gotta get those out to get to the good ones. Seriously, the construction of the cigar is set when you twist up the binder and place it into a mold. If there are soft spots you can unroll and move leaf around, or add scraps. If it's too tight you can remove filler. If the cigar is too soft, you can continue rolling with moderate hand pressure until it firms up. Its really about developing muscle memory. Like riding a bicycle or throwing a baseball.