What's new

Looking for a lounge?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in the West part of South Carolina. I’m probably going to be going on a weekend coast trip. Not sure where yet. I want to add at least a trip or two to a nice lounge. Maybe two separate places.

My vision is beach in the morning get lunch hit a lounge for a smoke then goof off and find a nice place to eat dinneraybe find a place to have a drink or two after dinner then head to a hotel.

Not sure exactly where I’m gonna go but I’m thinking Charleston / Hilton Head / Fripp Island / Edisto Beach / Folly Beach. Not going to Murder Beach (Myrtle Beach) and I’ve been to North Murder Beach several times already.

Anyway does anyone have any suggestions on nice lounges on SC East Coast?

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
HH is a cigar friendly city.
Most bars & taverns allow smoking outside. Which is good, because HH's cigar lounges are crap (sterile & unfriendly); avoid.
The beaches are also a good place to toast one up.
We'd wade out knee deep to converse and people watch as I enjoyed a morning/evening stick.
If you must hit a lounge, drive up the street to Bluffton and visit Peaceful Henry's.
Bluffton is a fun little hidden town with a good number of places to eat.
Women (like @heavyd) will enjoy Bluffton for its shopping.

Charlestowne Tobacco & Wine is my favorite lounge in Charleston.
As soon as you enter the herfing area patrons will invite you over to join the conversation. This is how I judge a good lounge. ;)
King's Leaf is much bigger, with a better selection of boutiques, but they just aren't friendly. Patrons tend to keep to themselves.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
HH is a cigar friendly city.
Most bars & taverns allow smoking outside. Which is good, because HH's cigar lounges are crap (sterile & unfriendly); avoid.
The beaches are also a good place to toast one up.
We'd wade out knee deep to converse and people watch as I enjoyed a morning/evening stick.
If you must hit a lounge, drive up the street to Bluffton and visit Peaceful Henry's.
Bluffton is a fun little hidden town with a good number of places to eat.
Women (like @heavyd) will enjoy Bluffton for its shopping.

Charlestowne Tobacco & Wine is my favorite lounge in Charleston.
As soon as you enter the herfing area patrons will invite you over to join the conversation. This is how I judge a good lounge. ;)
King's Leaf is much bigger, with a better selection of boutiques, but they just aren't friendly. Patrons tend to keep to themselves.
Currently no smoking on HH beaches - (I've looked into it before when considering a trip)

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Technically, I was smoking while in the water, not on the beach.
The few times I've seen Beach Patrol while enjoying a smoke, they gave a friendly wave and kept on driving.

Interestingly, the regs show no form of alcohol on the beaches either.
That's a good one.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Technically, I was smoking while in the water, not on the beach.
The few times I've seen Beach Patrol while enjoying a smoke, they gave a friendly wave and kept on driving.

Interestingly, the regs show no form of alcohol on the beaches either.
That's a good one.
:LOL: well the water isn't technically the beach.... good to know it isn't enforced.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. Lounge is not necessary. To be on the safe side I’ll bring some sticks with me. I think I’m gonna leave the destination up to the wife. Walking out into the water smoking a stick on an early morning just about sun up sounds like an experience to me!! That’s gonna happen!!

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Definitely bring your own sticks.
Boutiques aren't easily found on the island. The island's smoke variety is limited to what a Perdomo rep would stock.

The beach we're familiar with is HH's most popular at Coligny. We rent a house or condo right off the sand.
Coligny has the most action, easiest to find parking with a good amount of entertainment when you're not on the water.
If you get thirsty, hit up the Hilton or Marriott. They both have beach bars.
Also, everything in the area is within walking distance.