What's new

Looking for a Pipe, willing to trade cigars for pipe!!!!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love to smoke pipes vs cigars. I am looking for a good Pipe, maybe around $100.00 or so and was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what to look for in a pipe. I have a crappy one that a pipe store gave me for buying a lot of tobacco but not sure what to look for in one. Any suggestions or ideas would be great. Trading a bunch of cigars for a nice pipe is not out of the question. :D

Jeromy

DSturg369

Pipe Smokin' Country Boy
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the Pipe Forum Jeromy!! :welcome:

I'm brand new myself and can't help you with a trade, sorry. But I'm sure someone can.

What I've learned already is to never stop learning. Google "pipes" and related listings on the 'net and there is a wealth of info out there to be had. Just reading through all the posts here in the PIPES section contains a lot of info on it's own.

Good luck! :cool:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the warm welcome DSturg369. I love Pipes compared to Cigars and that says a lot because I love cigars!!! Thanks for the link Tegu. I will definitely check them out. What have you learned the most from DSturg369? Like if there is one thing you could share what would it be?

DSturg369

Pipe Smokin' Country Boy
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow.... To narrow it down to one thing after all I've read and "tried" to learn is a hard one.

Hmmmmmm....... Well, I guess it'd be to smoke what you like, when you like, and never stop learning more.

As far as useful info about pipes.....

I've learned to spot a bad or poorly drilled chamber-to-airhole set-up :nono:,

I've learned what basic styles of pipes I like :cool:,

I'm learning how to spot a "YES or NO" Estate on eBay :bigeyes:,

and I've learned that I have a sincere appreciation for burley :drool:.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'll second and third Boswell's! I have three Boswells and they are all great smokers. If you ever get to Gettysburg, PA its only a short trip to their store in Chambersburg, PA and trust me its worth the trip! Their bulk blends are nice too, while not an aromatic smoker I love their Berry Cobbler blend.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will be near PA often since my fiancee's family is from there. I will have to check them out. Berry Cobler Blend sounds good. Thanks for the good advice so far.

Jeromy

knuck42

At least I'm enjoyin' the
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waaaaaay too many variables to determine what might satisfy you in a $100 pipe. Shape, size, weight, finish, embelishments, frequency in rotation... and the list goes on and on. For my $ Cavacchi represents an excellent value in custom carved pipes. Their briar comes from the same supplier that Teddy Knudson uses, and his low end pipes start at 3-4 times the money as the Cavacchi top ends, (Diamonte) list at.

In the way of estate pipes I have found 1930's vintage Kaywoodie to be an excellent value. When new they listed at higher prices then even Dunhill. Briar was well over 100-150 years old. Perhapse not the most spectacular graining, but I've smoked many of these that smoked very sweetly. And they can always be found for well under $100.

Just my .02 fwiw.