What's new

Looking for Cigar books

Moose

Moose with a stick!
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello Brothers.

I am looking for some great cigar knowledge books, about the history, about the way they are made, the tobacco, the whole lot.

Any suggestions would be great, heck even web posts or guides, I am just looking to expand my knowledge of cigars.

Thanks

Moose
:thumbsup:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested in seeing what people come up with. The cigar books I have found are filled mostly with information about the current manufacturers and lounges, and less about tobacco itself. I would love to know more, for example, about the different methods of curing tobacco, and which kinds of filler, binder, and wrappers are cured which ways. What exactly makes a corojo leaf a corojo leaf, for example? Is it the seed or the curing, or both? These are the kinds of questions that seem to only be addressed in passing in the cigar literature I come across.

Last edited:

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
this one...

The Great Habanos Factories
by Adriano Martínez Rius (2005)

Color glossy boards, color pictorial jacket. Profusely illustrated with color pictures of cigar bands, boxes, labels, photographs, etc. "The Great Habano Factories is an approach to the history of sixteen selected factories and their brands which were the roots of the tradition and global knowledge of the Habano, as a product representing the identity of the Cubans." 4to - over 9¾" - 12" tall