What's new

Looking for info on current WLT leaf batches...

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Anyone have experience with current batches of WLT Dom binder, Criollo seco and viso, Corojo seco, Dom ligero?
I had some good luck with those 2+ years ago, then some bad luck a year later. Now I'm curious about the current batches but don't want to blow $20-per to find out. Thanks.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is a good point.. there are a lot of Don's out there. btw, he said the participant list would be updated but, it seems it was not.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This could be the martini speaking but I think he's trying to say Gdaddy has got this?
I didn't enter this contest. I was away for a while. It's probably too late to make an entry.

To answer the question... a blend that I very much enjoy is a simple 50/50 blend of WLT corojo viso with LO Dominican seco. 1 full leaf of each wrapped in 1/2 leaf seco binder. No ligero. None. The Corojo viso is a pretty pungent leaf and really doesn't need the ligero.
I use the Dom seco as the binder and wrapped in the Brazilian Arapiraca wrapper. This is new to me and I'm really enjoying it. In fact, I think it's the best blend I've ever come up with. Highly recommended 'Mein Fuhrer'. ;)
The Nicaraguan tobacco is too edgy and a bit bitter for me. Left out the criollo also. This is a smooth delicious cigar and I prefer the smooth flavor of the Dominican seco over the Nicaraguan. See my PM to you.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I didn't enter this contest. I was away for a while. It's probably too late to make an entry.

To answer the question... a blend that I very much enjoy is a simple 50/50 blend of WLT corojo viso with LO Dominican seco. 1 full leaf of each wrapped in 1/2 leaf seco binder. No ligero. None. The Corojo viso is a pretty pungent leaf and really doesn't need the ligero.
I use the Dom seco as the binder and wrapped in the Brazilian Arapiraca wrapper. This is new to me and I'm really enjoying it. In fact, I think it's the best blend I've ever come up with. Highly recommended 'Mein Fuhrer'. ;)
The Nicaraguan tobacco is too edgy and a bit bitter for me. Left out the criollo also. This is a smooth delicious cigar and I prefer the smooth flavor of the Dominican seco over the Nicaraguan. See my PM to you.
Thanks, Cdaddy. :smuggrin:

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Here's the WLT Corojo seco I ordered last week. There is literally not a "whole leaf" in the pound. The top pic is a random representative sample grab; the bottom is after selecting the best leaf from the pound with which to try to make a few test puros.

It's not a big secret that we occasionally get the reject leaf, the "0" stuff on the 1-10 grading scale. Still kinda sad. I coulda tried a couple different 18-year single malts down at the Tee-Off for that dough.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
:cigar:
Here's the WLT Corojo seco I ordered last week. There is literally not a "whole leaf" in the pound. The top pic is a random representative sample grab; the bottom is after selecting the best leaf from the pound with which to try to make a few test puros.

It's not a big secret that we occasionally get the reject leaf, the "0" stuff on the 1-10 grading scale. Still kinda sad. I coulda tried a couple different 18-year single malts down at the Tee-Off for that dough.
I'm stI'll figuring out a good blend for the corojo. Every time I smoke one with that leaf in it, my wife and kids really complain about my breath!:cigar:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can tell you that what you see as available stock is not all he has. It has to be prepped for shipping because it stores better dry but ships better wet. what I don't know is when or where it comes from.
As far as I can tell, these pounds I've posted were from as late as 6/2016.

Last edited: