What's new

Looking for My Benefactor - Don Pepin

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I'm usually really good at labeling cigars when I receive them. Possibly this came from my secret santa but I smoked a small Don Pepin cigar yesterday that was fantastic. It was a corona or petit corona size. I would really like to look into getting more of these if I knew what they were. How about a little help?

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Yep. Thats it. Damn fine cigar. I like Pepin Garcia and you would have thought you were smoking a boli PC

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
You guys aren't gonna like this, but those aren't being made anymore. I believe those were cigars made at Tropical before Pepin set up his own factory...consider this comment made by Pete Johnson over on CF:

Don Pepin M was a brand that Pepin blended for a client of Tabacalera Tropical when he was working with them and it was made by Tropical. The client asked if he could use Don Pepin's name (this was before he thought to use it for himself) and permission was granted. For various reasons, the cigars were returned to Tropical who then sold them to all comers. The "M" was for "maduro," as it had a maduro wrapper. It is no longer being made

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I havent smoked the M maduro one yet. I didnt think this was a maddie.
On the picture I showed, the second from the left was the maddie, the third had a palm tree on the band, which is the one we like. However, the old company being 'Tropical', the palm tree logo fits so I assumed this was one of the cigars that were discontinued :dunno:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I have to find the band. I dont remember a palm tree but its clearly the third one from the left. Be our luck they dont make em any more.