What's new

Lord Stanley's Cup

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
The Cup is at the Iowa Wild game today. Not as big as I thought it would be, but really cool. There is a line to get your picture with it. Goes half way around the building and im not keen on standing in line. So this will have to do.

IMG_20160326_140625.jpg

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It would be a lot bigger if they didn't remove teams from the old days.

It's only 30 lbs but they say its the hardest trophy to lift!!! (I'm sure all major sports claim the same thing haha)
The cup can lift those other trophies. You know the old saying "if walls could talk"? Imagine what the cup could tell you after all those years of traveling with the players and the parties it's seen. Simply amazing.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trevor Lewis has brought the cup home twice during his time with the Kings. I have some friends that know the family & have partied/drank beer from the cup. Their pics and stories are fun.

Closest I've been, my daughter took a picture with Trevor and the cup.

Though it looks like the Avs will be watching come playoff season, I'm still amped for playoff hockey, there's nothing better!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm neither a Pens or Rags fan, but I'm painfully watching the game. Speaking of pain, anyone watching and see Henrik get the stick through the cage on his mask and into his upper cheek and eye???? OUCH!!!!

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I'm neither a Pens or Rags fan, but I'm painfully watching the game. Speaking of pain, anyone watching and see Henrik get the stick through the cage on his mask and into his upper cheek and eye???? OUCH!!!!
Painfully watching? Penguins are the most entertaining team in the NHL right now. Love.thwm or hate them, they are fun to watch!!

And yes, Lundquist getting that stick looked bad. He's been off this whole game though.

LET'S GO PENS!!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Painfully watching? Penguins are the most entertaining team in the NHL right now. Love.thwm or hate them, they are fun to watch!!

And yes, Lundquist getting that stick looked bad. He's been off this whole game though.

LET'S GO PENS!!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
LOL!!!

Doesn't surprise me that Lundqvist is out now and Raanta is in. He should've sat and got checked when he got that hit. I think on my bracket I have Pens in 6???

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I was going to say that it looks like I'll have to wait till next year to see it in Philly, but, by then I'll be living full time in NC, and the Cains sure aren't going to be bringing it to Raleigh anytime in the near future. But then again, I did see it in Philly way back in '74 and '75.

TommyZ

Retired VCR Salesman
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
My first touch of the Cup in 2010 after crashing the team president's privtae party. Notice him in the background, wondering "who's the goon hugging the Cup?".

Been lucky enough to get a touch in '10, '13 and '15. Hoping for my 4th one later this summer.
This summer you have to give me the details on how I can get me a photo like that!!

Awesome picture man!! Great year too :)