What's new

Losing it

OleVaSmoker

Leafman
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to the eye doctor today. Guess I should preface this with I already knew i have a degenerative eye disease and just kind of ignored it. Pun intended. Vision was getting challenging reading blueprints and computer screens at work.
So I got the good news. I'm one line away from daytime only driving restrictions and in 5 to 10 years will be legally blind if not sooner. Only thing that could possibly deter or change it is the advancement of stem cell research.
Dont get ne wrong. I'm not mad or upset. I knew it was coming I just didnt want to accept it. Now i have too.
Anyone else have any vision issues to share? Mine they believe could be hereditary but not enough research at this time to prove it. With five kids I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to make a connection.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sorry to hear that, seems like you have some challenging times ahead. Hopefully you have enough notice to adapt to the changes.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Sorry to hear this. I hope you find some treatment or operation that can help. My wifes family has some genetic eye issues. Her brother had to have a cornea transplant she herself has latus rental thinning. She had flashes of lights pretty Intense then went to the dr. And then the next dr. Said they're basically using a laser to burn little "tacks" around the weak slots so of they do loose it wont pull the rest down. She listened and the dr told her she's basically a walking billboard for a rental detachment one day. So we wait pray and eat carrots. My aunt didnt listen and got a cyst in her shoulder so big that the bacteria caused bad diabetes. She lost an eye from it. Sounds like your keeping your head up about it though.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
@OleVaSmoker , Realy sorry to hear this. My dad has Macular Degeneration and is slowly loosing his eye site. I believe there are two types of Macular Degeneration, one that can be treated and one that cannot be treated. Unfortunately my dad has the type that cannot be treated. It’s very sad and painful to watch this happen to him knowing there is nothing that can be done to stop it. There are studies and trials that you may be able to get into. My dad didn’t meet the requirements to participate in any of them because of age and how far along his disease is, but you never know there could be something out there that may help you. Good luck and I truly hope things work out for you. Take care.

Jody

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sorry to here about this, medical research is exploding right now so maybe they will come up with something. Chin up man, we are here for you.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Sorry to hear it. My pops can't see shit, and I know how challenging it is for him to do little things. On the bright side, he was concerned that it was genetic but I have (or had, anyway, haven't had an eye test in 25 years) 20/15 vision, so maybe the kids will be alright. Never know, dude!

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
My last eye exam, after pretty much 15 years of my vision staying stable at a pretty bad level. My vision improved!! Here all these years I'd been told vision wont naturally improve on its own! I was ecstatic! Then the eye doctor proclaimed that this is actually an early sign of cataracts. Not nearly as bad as your situation, as its become a very tratable thing over that last couple decades, but still a future pain in the ass I'm going to have to deal with, hopefully later than sooner.

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk