What's new

Lovera

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for anyone that has ever smoked Lovera cigars. My grandpa smoked Lovera. He passed away in 1979 when I was 16. Being new to the cigar world, I'd like to know if there are any cigars today that are comparable to Lovera. I'd like to know what kind of cigars my grandpa liked. Any knowledgeable help would be greatly appreciated.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
David, welcome to BOTL. I have never heard of Lovera cigars. A google search showed they were 12 cents or 3 for 35 cents cigars. Not really what most members here smoke.

I also found "These cigars are predominately natural tobacco with a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients." Whatever that means.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Would be interesting to take one apart. I'm curious what could be cheaper then cigarette tobacco and still burn?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lovera cigars were Clear Havanas, cigars made in Tampa from Cuban tobacco.
Thank you, sir. I remember him buying them by the box and then we would use the cigar box as a pencil, crayon, art supplies box at school. I'm sure they weren't high quality, high cost cigars but, I'm sure they weren't gas station quality cigars, either. I'm pretty sure anyone that ever smoked Lovera would be in their late 60's and older. I know it's a million to one long shot to find someone that smoked them 'back in the day' that would know of a cigar today that would be comparable. But, I'll never know if I don't ask. Thank you for your response!

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
upload_2018-12-9_16-51-24.jpeg

This is the sign above Merchants Cafe in Seattle. This is what came to mind when you mentioned Lovera cigars.
Lovera was a mild Cuban cigar so I’d probably recommend a Vegueros or a Guantanamera. You would have to buy them outside of the U.S. of course.