What's new

macanudo 1993 XX

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
i recently completed a trade,,, part of which i received 9 of 10 coffins containing the macanudo 1993 xx. they came in the original box as well. he kept them in a humidor, out of the coffins. put them back into the coffins when he shipped them.

the cigars look good enough.... the bands do not (every one!). almost as if they had been wet sometime in their lives.... the filagree on the bands seemed to be flaking off though no flakes were noticed. the bands were slightly discolored/'blotched' around the edge. they are fastened quite well to the sticks, so i don't think they're an add-on.

haven't tried one yet,,, just curious what would cause the this...??

tks in advance,

jeff

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Those stick have some age on them, what do you mean by, the filagree? what the varnish or foilstamp? The discolor could be from the oils of the smoke, post a pic if you can.

I had one of those when my buddies daughter graduated from highschool.

J

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Going out on a limb....

It's not that strange to see bands that are completely tarnished or look black in areas. It's usually a sign that oils and/or moisture has been in contact with the ring for sometime causing oxidation, foxing, and the haggard look of time.

If they taste good and you're happy with your end, then it was a good trade.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I think taste will be the only way to tell if there was any ill effects on the cigar...

but I agree with the above, it can be due to the oils in the cigar being in constant contact with the bands for 13 years...

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Have to agree with the above, sounds like the oils seeping out and latching onto the band

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Send them to me, I will smoke them and let you know if I saved your life.:peace: :thumbsup: :smokingbo :stretchgr

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Ray you are one helpful SOB I tell ya. I like what the other brother above say, sounds Kosher to me. Gotta smoke one to tell how they are doing.