What's new

Mailing Alcohol

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
As long as you don't use UPS or FedEx because they check your box before you mail it, IIRC.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When I was living in Kentucky, I mailed 4 gallons of moonshine back to KS via UPS. They were in sealed plastic gallon water bottles (milk jugs). One of the gallon containers leaked about 1/2 gallon of the moonshine into the box. By the time it got to KS, the box was wet and smelled like alcohol. The UPS inspector went to my friends house to investigate and asked my friend if he was expecting a package from KY. Anyway, the inspector didn't bust him or me and said it happens all of the time. He just told my friend to tell me not to do it again. He let my friend pick up the remaining 3 gallons at the UPS headquarters. That moonshine was some Crazy stuff.

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
OOOOPS, I thought you were looking for addy to send it to.:dunno: :dunno:

I also have sent moonshine from Kentucky. Just seal the bottles well and wrap it up real well and plenty of bubble wrap and packing.:thumbsup:

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
cvm4 said:
As long as you don't use UPS or FedEx because they check your box before you mail it, IIRC.
I frequently ship via UPS (using a UPS Store outlet) and I have yet to experience this. Generally I take my packages in unsealed (for some reason I can never find the damn tape!) and they tape it up, label it, and put it away right in front of me without ever looking in.

Maybe it depends on who/where? :dunno:

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
More then likely it depends on the location. We bring stuff in all the time and they don't check it because they know us. But, I see them opening/checking people's boxes all the time.

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
tape the cap shut. wrap the bottle in lots of sarah wrap if you don't have access to a vaccum sealer. use lots of bubble wrap and fill the empty spaces left if the box with packing peanuts. the people at the counter -- if using usps -- will ask if you are shipping anything illegal like alcohol, fireworks, etc. say "no". then they'll ask if there is anything breakable in the box, you want to answer "yes" otherwise they'll punt your box around in the back. if they still ask what it is, tell them it is homemade olive oil.