What's new

Mailing to Iraq???

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have a friend who is currently in Iraq and I was planning on shipping him so cigars along with a bunch of there items. Anyways, I had a couple of question for anyone who might have do this in the past. How do you keep the cigars from being damaged while in transit? Do I need to put a Boveda pack in with the cigars or is there something better? If anyone on this board has done this before and could shead some light onto how to keep the cigars from getting damaged I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I have a friend who is currently in Iraq and I was planning on shipping him so cigars along with a bunch of there items. Anyways, I had a couple of question for anyone who might have do this in the past. How do you keep the cigars from being damaged while in transit? Do I need to put a Boveda pack in with the cigars or is there something better? If anyone on this board has done this before and could shead some light onto how to keep the cigars from getting damaged I'd appreciate it. Thanks
I would definitely use a Boveda pack. And if you shipped them in an Otterbox, I would feel certain that the smokes would arrive in excellent condition.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
It will take close to three weeks to get there using Priority Mail, likely closer to two. When we sent christmas gifts in the beginning of December they took three weeks to get there. Considering how busy the mail system is in December it may take less now.

Double bagging them in Ziplocs with a Boveda pack and wrapped in as much bubble wrap as possible should protect them just fine.

Sending them in the Otterbox would get pricey as far shipping goes but then the recipient would have something to keep them in.

68Trishield

Going Fast With Class
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've sent around 4 or 5 thousand cigars in the last year from another cigar board I'm on.Shipping consistently takes about one week.I have found that putting all the cigars in a big ziplock baggie or several smaller ones works fine for the short time they are in transit.
The cigars if properly kept in the first place WILL NOT dry out in that week.
These shipments have gone to Iraq and Afganistan fyi.I'll see if i can find some pics of the shipments and I'll post them here.
Its a great thing you are doing!
Heres the last shipment...

This one went to the "Tiki Hut" at Camp Phoenix in Afganistan...

68Trishield

Going Fast With Class
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
theyll be some happy boys over there,thats a great service your doing.
I'm just the clearing/warehouse/shipper for the project.The other Club I belong to runs a lottery for the troops contest every month and offer some some great prizes(cigars) for the lottery.All thats required is that the contestants send me or one of two other shippers 10 cigars or more and thats it.It a great project and troops are like kids in a candy store when the boxes land:clap: It's a great thing!
I'd have to think BOTL has the right stuff to do this if you all wanted to.
You guys have a great club going on here...

Len___T

n0ob Phreak
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
there is a guy on another site I am on who works with...for...or runs Operation From The Heart...at the very least he is an integral part of it...if ya want pm me your contact info and I can forward it to him...or if the members here prefer I can ask him to come here and get it set up if he isnt a member here already...len

Smitty

OpFTH Co-Founder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mail over a 1000 cigars a month... I can help you out with questions. I do it via operation from the heart (i can post a link yet cause of rules) and some of you here might have heard us on another board. OpFTH is a non profit that sends cigars and care packages to the troops and was started 3 years ago on another cigar board and just expanded to what it is today.

pm me fopr detail or find us on other boards for info. the website is OpFTH with the usual dot and comes :)

talk soon

details of OpFTH can be found at www.opfth.com

if you need help with mailing items (cigars) to the troops let me know. I would gladly help walk you thru it and the forms you need to fill out too