What's new

Maintaining aroma

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was reading a magazine called Cigar Journal. It is an english/spanish magazine ( https://www.cigarjournal.com/about/current-issue/ ) . I don't usually find anything in it particularly interesting but this issue has an article on Maintaining the Aroma of Cigars. The author seems to have extensive experience with old cigars. His observations were interesting. I wish I could remember the details but I don't own that issue so I can't look back on the article.
Check it out if you can.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Maintaining our cigars aroma has everything to do with storage....environment and ensuring that the tobacco is at a RH/Temp that provides the right numbers. Cedar is something that a lot of hobbyists love and for me I changed over from expensive 400 count humidors to Cigar Humidors like the Whynter 251 where the transfer of cedar is pretty evident. If what is being stated here is just about keeping the inherent aroma of a cigar tobacco then it's all about storage. Each area of where tobacco is grown has it's own special aroma....Honduran, Nicaraguan, Mexican, DR, Cuba, etc.......soils tend to give off their own richness and one of the things I like best are Custom Rolls or cigars that are freshly rolled from their own distinct regions....when I travel I try to find freshly rolled cigars and enjoy them within a weeks time.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yes, it's all about storage. Most of his observations were common sense but it was interesting to read his experiences with long-term storage. A few of his observations were;
Limit air exchanges.
Store in cigar boxes so opening the humidor does not introduce fresh air directly,
Don't store is a sealed container
Keep RH above 60. They will not recover if fully dried
Don't store at low temperatures.