What's new

Making my way back to cigars

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello all, checking in from MD. I was active on another site back in 2010 and 11, got waaay into collecting and finding rare cigars. Had to take a step back and stop buying when I realized I had more cigars than I could ever smoke. Slowly lost interest, and just kept smoking/maintaining what I had over the years. Recently got the bug again, hanging with my father in law who smokes as well.

I had this place bookmarked, but never really came by back then. So here I am, saying Hello! Not sure what happened to the other place, but there used to be a bunch of active members, now it seems dead. I wonder if they are here too? A couple of them really helped me in the beginning of my cigar smokin' journey, I hope to see them again.

Now a days I am less apt to scouring for the HTF cigars, and just picking up what I know I like and being content. I think back then I used to enjoy the hunt more than actually smoking them. Then once I had them, I didn't want to smoke them because I knew I couldn't get anymore! I think that's what burned me out.

I will say, one good thing about taking a hiatus, is having aged stock. I remember back then reading constantly about how aging and letting cigars rest helped the flavor profile. Not having bought a cigar since 2011, I can say it makes a huge difference. Every cigar I have has at least 8 to 9 years of age on it. Seeing those dark brown cellos makes me smile. I remember, (even was one of my first wishes on the other site), to get an aged opus. Now all of mine are aged, and they're incredible (esp the cubans)!

Anyways, I am slowly getting back into the swing of things. Bought a box of Padron 89 Maduros yesterday, weren't even out on the shelf at the B&M yet. Will be smoking one today, watching fishing. Have a good day!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You can always search the members list to see if you see any familiar names. Lots of people keep their screen names across multiple platforms.

Welcome

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Welcome to the site from Southern California, and enjoy those aged cigars. I’m still less than a year in to my journey so looking forward to smoking some down the road.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
remember searching for the new af sungrown? or the latest tat? oh the misery.
Dude! Driving from B&M to B&M all over this state looking for tat's, liga's, and viaje's was like a part time job! Esp the monsters. It's an addiction for sure.

What's funny to me now, some of the harder to find cigars back then are readily available now...I remember searching all over for flying pigs and dirty rats. I was at a local B&M the other day and they have boxes of them!

Same with illusione, they were only at a select few places and now they're everywhere. I have a box of singulare phantoms that was an awesome find in 2011.