What's new

Mama Bear's shave soap

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Since beginning wet shaving in December, I've been looking for the shave soap that is right for me.
The first brand, Badger Lather, wasn't bad but it left me with cuts, knicks, and razor burn on my neck. It may have been my inexperience that contributed to this, I won't deny that.
The second brand, C.O. Bigelow, was shaving cream in the tube. It smelled great, gave a little menthol tingle, but just didn't lather up that great. Due to this, I was again subject to some nasty cuts and a neck that looked and felt like it had been drug through a pricker bush.
They say the third time is a charm, and they were right!
Mama Bears shave soap is the best I have used to date.
I ordered a 1.5oz mug soap (Elements of Bamboo), and 2 sample slivers.
So far I've used the Elements of Bamboo soap and have loved it. Great lather, no knicks or cuts, smooth shave, and my neck is good to go with no burn, at all!
The other 2 that I purchased were Spellbound Woods and Hinoki Wood. They smell pretty outstanding as well.
So, if you're looking for shave soap I recommend Mama Bears.
The product is dynamite, shipping is quick, it's inexpensive, and there are a ton of scents from which to choose.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Art of Shaving has been very expensive from what I've seen.

I've been using the Proraso creams that come in tubes and love them. And they're cheap!