What's new

Mason Dixon Project - Your Thoughts so far...

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Smoked the South a few days ago. Thought it had a great deal of potential. Had some nice flavors throughout and construction was great.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416718339.271322.jpg

Smoking the North right now and am enjoying it so far. The wrapper is beautiful with the infamous 'broadleaf glitter'. It has a bit of a 'young' taste but I am only a few inches in so far. Resting this stick will only make it better I predict.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416718494.833343.jpg

Would be interested to hear what other brothers think of both these.

Doug

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Smoked the South a few days ago. Thought it had a great deal of potential. Had some nice flavors throughout and construction was great.
View attachment 55103

Smoking the North right now and am enjoying it so far. The wrapper is beautiful with the infamous 'broadleaf glitter'. It has a bit of a 'young' taste but I am only a few inches in so far. Resting this stick will only make it better I predict.
View attachment 55104

Would be interested to hear what other brothers think of both these.

Doug
North was good, but I thought the south was excellent.

Stogie_Bear

Chulo Savage
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Both are good in their own respects, and both will only get better with age. Two very different cigars. I like the North better simply because I am maduro man. The subtle hints of cider and chocolate and wonderful. The south is a very pleasant lunch time smoke with an amber ale. I was getting a lot of bread and pretzel flavors with hints of citrus rind and fresh mustard seed. Both really great cigars, both with heavy bitterness in the first inch that will smooh out after 6-8 months is my guess. The one refreshing thought that seems to be prevalent with all of the Crowned Heads sticks I have smoked is that there is never any shortage of complexity.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Northwest Suburbs of the Windy City of Chicago
I'm in the school of thought with @itsaaron

I enjoyed the North, one of CHs more powerful smokes imo, but the south impressed me a ton. When these were announced I thought, "man...a Connecticut? Doubt I'll really get much out of it." Complete opposite, the South is one of the best Connies I've ever had, ranks right up there with Cabiguan for me. Well done on both Jon, but that Connie is very well done.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I've enjoyed both. Differently of course.

I find the north to be in my face with flavor and strength. Smoked two the same day and loved both. I'm due to revisit

The south was much more subdued and laid back but tasty and smooth. Was a very relaxing smoke

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Had a South yesterday. It wasn't awful, but I got a strong metallic taste about half an inch in that was around the entire stick. Wasn't really a fan, but I want to give it another shot.

I will say that I've found the Pepin CH sticks to be more consistent in construction then the others.

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I've enjoyed both. Differently of course.

I find the north to be in my face with flavor and strength. Smoked two the same day and loved both. I'm due to revisit

The south was much more subdued and laid back but tasty and smooth. Was a very relaxing smoke

I don't have access to a North to try but I do like the South. Very tasty smoke

Chef, IMO, you just nailed it the way it is. People, not cigars. Northerners are bold and loud, Southerners are laid back, easy going.

Sorry if that made any northerner mad. Lol

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I don't have access to a North to try but I do like the South. Very tasty smoke

Chef, IMO, you just nailed it the way it is. People, not cigars. Northerners are bold and loud, Southerners are laid back, easy going.

Sorry if that made any northerner mad. Lol
Lol by laid back do you just mean slow? Zing

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Northwest Suburbs of the Windy City of Chicago
I will say that I've found the Pepin CH sticks to be more consistent in construction then the others.
Honest observation, I've found the complete opposite. It's not though as if I'm having bad issues with the Pepin stuff, just a little wonky sometimes, it's more that the EP stuff was so well constructed it's not even funny.

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Hey Doug,

I've tried the South, it was delicious. The light wrapper gave a caramel taste for me. Would be great for a morning smoke time permitting.
I have a North resting I will try this week and report back. If the CB wrapper on it is like that of Tatuaje, I'll be getting a box!

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Hey Doug,

I've tried the South, it was delicious. The light wrapper gave a caramel taste for me. Would be great for a morning smoke time permitting.
I have a North resting I will try this week and report back. If the CB wrapper on it is like that of Tatuaje, I'll be getting a box!
The wrapper was like the Tat Reservas bro. Nice glitter/crunchy candy type of awesomeness.