What's new

Mason Jar Storage

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
If I am using mason jars as storage, do I need to open them every week or so to let air exchange??

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Although I'm a newb at the pipe stuff myself, I also use mason jars and haven't opened them on a regular basis unless getting tobacco to fill a pipe. I haven't noticed any changes and the tobacco stays moist. I keep feeling like I should do something else but to date, no problems.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
If using for long term storage, it's best to leave jars sealed and in a cool place, out of direct light.
Otherwise, just open them when you need to get some tobacco to smoke.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
If using for long term storage, it's best to leave jars sealed and in a cool place, out of direct light.
Otherwise, just open them when you need to get some tobacco to smoke.

In a finished basement, with very little light (few windows), and often cooler than the rest of the house. Sounds like I don't have to do much then.

WalterLars

Walter Lars
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a finished basement, with very little light (few windows), and often cooler than the rest of the house. Sounds like I don't have to do much then.
whats a basement ? :skew:
after watching Holmes on homes and all the problems He has to fix with basements I don't think I want every if you could find one here in So Calif