What's new

Maxpedition "pipe bag"!

Deadman

What
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Been meaning to post something about this thing for a while now because maybe some of yall are looking for something modern to carry your pipes. Rather than try to post a bunch of words and pics (which is a nightmare from the phone) I just made a quick & dirty video.

For clarity: the bags are the Fatty & the Beefy (smaller & bigger) from Maxpedition.

Let me know what you think!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
"and a cat...Cat not included." :LOL: good video, thanks for sharing! I think I'll look into picking up the smaller version for camping/fishing trips.

Deadman

What
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
"and a cat...Cat not included." :LOL: good video, thanks for sharing! I think I'll look into picking up the smaller version for camping/fishing trips.
The smaller "Fatty" is the way to go IMO. There is another called the EDC that is THIN and a pipe probably wont fit in it. The fatty size is about the same size as a hardback book (think a little thicker than a hymnal, if that helps) and I normally put the pipes in the opposite direction of the video (bowls up) to try to circumvent the pipes falling out. Back before they got stolen, I had 2 Sav 616 KS in the smaller green one with no issues. Granted you wouldnt get 3 in there but its plenty enough for 2.

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Last edited:

Deadman

What
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey...how are you storing the Baccy in these? Just a Ziploc bag.
Last time I hit the road I just took the whole jar, since it seemed to dry up on me so quick. I'm just using a 10 traveldor right now and can't stand it.

Im not cool enough for jars yet. All mine comes in ZipLoc bags and the like. Ive yet to have an issue with moisture (altho I am starting to think my black cavendish is way to wet from the vendor...). Snack sized bags (half the height of sandwich bags) seem to work wonders for me, holding 2-4oz each.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Hey...how are you storing the Baccy in these? Just a Ziploc bag?
Last time I hit the road I just took the whole jar, since it seemed to dry up on me so quick. I'm just using a 10 traveldor right now and can't stand it.
I keep a little bit in ziplocs tucked in the interior zippered pocket, they seem to last well enough for my needs... but I typically bring along a jar of my "usual" tobacco, then have a few bowls of a few types available for a change up. I do keep an eye on the bagged stuff, and make sure to smoke it before it dries out too much.. usually good for a week or more, but it stays really humid down here.

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I keep a little bit in ziplocs tucked in the interior zippered pocket, they seem to last well enough for my needs... but I typically bring along a jar of my "usual" tobacco, then have a few bowls of a few types available for a change up. I do keep an eye on the bagged stuff, and make sure to smoke it before it dries out too much.. usually good for a week or more, but it stays really humid down here.
Gotcha...it seemed like anything left after that first week was pretty much shot. I just wanted to see if there was some trick I was missing.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Yeah, I forgot about the 62% and 58% they make now.. I'd imagine a 58% would do pretty well, with minimal dry time... 62% is still smooshy moist.