What's new

Mayorga Maduro Robusto

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Well, after last night's Bahia I wasn't to expectant of this one since I picked them up for just around $2.oo each.

Upon, selecting it out of the humi, this box-pressed beauty was firm and upon lightly pinching it it sprang back into shape, was very firm but springy at the same time. The wrapper while very dark had just a smattering of very thin veins, a very smooth wrapper and the veins it had ran the length of this chocolaty looking cigar.

Once lit, this cigar started right off with a spicy, yet earthy taste... which hinted at a peppery and chocolaty taste. It burned very evenly and held a very long ash. Whil the cigar started out med./full as it got to the halfway point it became a very smooth but full tasting cigar.

At times I could detect a nutty and at times a coffee taste to it mixed in with the pepper and earthy flavor it started with but stronger on the finish.

For such an inexpensive cigar I would saay this one could easily become my everyday cigar just for the price alone...

I think what helped open it up from the beginning was I used a v-cutter on it that allowed it to draw more fully and allow more of the taste to come thru right away...

I definately suggest everyone to try this little beauty.

Quint

Wannabe
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of them but thanks for the review. I'll keep my eye open for this one and give it a try.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
You know, I have had a couple of Mayorgas and thought I was alone in my perception that they weren't quite as crappy as everyone seems to say they are. ONe of them was of the best cheap sticks I have had. I like the look of the band against the dark wrapper too - it's striking for some reason.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mayorga's will not win any beauty contest, but they are awesome. Sancho Panza double maduro are similar, but not as good in my opinion. Damm the secrets out on these. I will no longer get 5 packs on cbid for 6 dollars.:sadstare: