What's new

Milan tobbacconist recommendations

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
So, in less than a month, I'm making the trip to see my In laws in Alderson West Virginia. Alderson is known for incarcerating Martha Stewart, and that's about it. BUT, trusting google maps, I discovered that Milan Tabbcconist in Roanoke VA is two hours away (mini road trip for me). I'm gonna pick up some blends while there and a pipe or two, but wanted to reach out for some recommendations.

I'm into VA's (not a huge vaper guy though), burleys, and Englishes. I've moved to smoking aros only on occasion, so don't want any of those. Any recommended blends that you guys like?

Also, if anyone is bored, I wouldn't mind a recommendation on some of the pipe brands they sell on their site. I'm familiar with the major brands (Savenelli, Peterson, etc...), but not too familiar with the others. Pipe would have to be under $120-140.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I took a quick peek on tobacco reviews, wasn't much help. Their top rated bacco was an aro.
I'm sure others will chime and I bet you'll get some good recommendations when you ask the tobacconist that's there what house blends sell best! Sounds like a fun road trip though (y)

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Those custom cobs by CJ look awesome. Other than that, I'd suggest just walk in with an open mind and scope out the pipes. What they have on-line compared to in store might be totally different stocks. I'd check out their estate pipes too. You never know what you might find.

I didn't know they even had their own in house pipe tobacco blends either. Best bet from what I just checked out was that they offer samplers. So that would be my suggestion. Seems like they can ship as well so if you smoke something you enjoy they can get some to you. I'm sure if you tell them you like certain blends, they'll point you in the right direction.

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
So, in less than a month, I'm making the trip to see my In laws in Alderson West Virginia. Alderson is known for incarcerating Martha Stewart, and that's about it. BUT, trusting google maps, I discovered that Milan Tabbcconist in Roanoke VA is two hours away (mini road trip for me). I'm gonna pick up some blends while there and a pipe or two, but wanted to reach out for some recommendations.

I'm into VA's (not a huge vaper guy though), burleys, and Englishes. I've moved to smoking aros only on occasion, so don't want any of those. Any recommended blends that you guys like?

Also, if anyone is bored, I wouldn't mind a recommendation on some of the pipe brands they sell on their site. I'm familiar with the major brands (Savenelli, Peterson, etc...), but not too familiar with the others. Pipe would have to be under $120-140.
so you need more tobacco eh?

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Those custom cobs by CJ look awesome. Other than that, I'd suggest just walk in with an open mind and scope out the pipes. What they have on-line compared to in store might be totally different stocks. I'd check out their estate pipes too. You never know what you might find.

I didn't know they even had their own in house pipe tobacco blends either. Best bet from what I just checked out was that they offer samplers. So that would be my suggestion. Seems like they can ship as well so if you smoke something you enjoy they can get some to you. I'm sure if you tell them you like certain blends, they'll point you in the right direction.
Yeah, I'm thinking they'll have much more in-store. They also seem super knowledgeable and have gotten tons of compliments. Wish I had more than about an hour. They do a blend of the month, but if it's an aro that month, I'll probably just do 1oz samplers.

so you need more tobacco eh?
Oh stop, lol. I just bought 24 mason jars for the baccy pass stuff.

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Yeah, I'm thinking they'll have much more in-store. They also seem super knowledgeable and have gotten tons of compliments. Wish I had more than about an hour. They do a blend of the month, but if it's an aro that month, I'll probably just do 1oz samplers.

Oh stop, lol. I just bought 24 mason jars for the baccy pass stuff.
OK seriously- pick up 1 ounce of Sunset Rum (yes its an aro but a damn fine one) nice change of pace when you want it.
English: try their Sultan's Blend, Chartwell and Centenary

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Mission accomplished. Thanks for the recommendations, guys. Nice store and nice staff. Just about everything in store was the same as online, but still worth the fun in traveling to check them out.

My haul:
Molina

Stefano:

Baccy:

They also gave me the per lb price even with all the different samplers, since they all added up to 16oz. Super cool.

Last edited: