What's new

Miller Chill

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
So I would call myself a beer geek and mainly drink craft beers other than my macro brews for beer pong (beruit).

My buddy bought Miller Chill this weekend and it's actually really good. I compare it to a Corona but better and no worrying with limes.

http://beeradvocate.com/news/stories_read/f-1027666

Miller Chill To Be Launched Nationally

Beer News posted by Jason / 06-12-2007

MILWAUKEE (June 12, 2007) – Miller Brewing Company’s newest product, Miller Chill, launches nationally throughout this month after a highly successful spring test market. Miller Chill, an American take on the popular Mexican chelada, is the only light beer brewed with a hint of lime and a pinch of salt to provide a truly refreshing beer experience.

“Nothing sells a beer like the beer itself,” said Miller’s chief marketing officer, Randy Ransom. “Once consumers get their first taste of Miller Chill, they will definitely be coming back for more of this unique, crisp beverage. Miller Chill is a light beer unlike any other, offering American beer drinkers a distinctive twist on refreshment.”

Miller Chill is the perfect alternative for legal-drinking-age consumers interested in a twist on the typical light beer, with the lime adding crispness and the salt making Miller Chill smoother than an ordinary beer. The product is available wherever beer is sold and comes in 6- and 12-packs of 12-ounce bottles. Miller Chill was introduced into the test markets – Arizona, Florida, New Mexico, San Diego and Texas – in early March.

The Milwaukee-based brewer’s newest brand is yet another example of the fast-growing Latinization of American culture, a trend evident in everything from food to music to media. Not only is the U.S. Hispanic population continuing to grow rapidly, but Latin culture is having a significant influence on the attitudes and behaviors of general market consumers.

“Miller Chill is a celebration and fusion of two wonderful cultures, great light beer from America and the chelada-style from Mexico,” said Ransom. “In its first two months of testing, more than half of the consumers who tried Miller Chill purchased the product again. That’s a great indication of the brand’s appeal. The high sales and positive feedback that the brand has already received further supports the transculturalism trend that we recognized and embraced. In fact, in just five test markets, Miller Chill has already grown as big as Michelob Ultra Amber is nationally.”

The foundation of a Mexican chelada – which loosely translates as “cold one” – is beer, lime, salt and ice. Cheladas are especially popular at Mexican resorts, with evidence pointing to enjoyment of cheladas in Guadalajara as far back as the 1960s.

Miller Chill has 110 calories per 12 ounce serving, 6.5 grams of carbohydrates and 4.2 percent alcohol by volume.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
If you like these you gotta try a real deal Michilata' in Mexico. It has Tabasco, Maggi, Worcester, lime juice, salt, and sol beer poured over ice in a cup. Ive only mostly seen the local girls order the Chiladas ,also served over ice, **in Cozumel at the bars** The Michilata' will cure any hangover this is for sure. I find it funny that US based beer companies have taken this long to find and market the good stuff.

Might get a six pack of it to see how close to the real thing it is.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
If you like these you gotta try a real deal Michilata' in Mexico. It has Tabasco, Maggi, Worcester, lime juice, salt, and sol beer poured over ice in a cup. Ive only mostly seen the local girls order the Chiladas ,also served over ice, **in Cozumel at the bars** The Michilata' will cure any hangover this is for sure. I find it funny that US based beer companies have taken this long to find and market the good stuff.

Might get a six pack of it to see how close to the real thing it is.
It's definitely not on that level but it is a refreshing beer with a nice summery flavor.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
"...I compare it to a Corona but better and no worrying with limes."

I am positive there is some sort of violation comparing a miller to a corona!That's just wrong!! and then to say, "better"??? guess i'll have to try one, though i'll have to hide the label!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
No, there is definitely no violation. They are both normally in the macro brewed crap corner.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
For the most part, yes. I have not found anything I really can say was good. I would include Sam Adams as a very good Macro brewer.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
There are some I enjoy in the right moment but not usually.

Killians, Corona if the situation is right,