What's new

Mini Panetella/Laguito No.3

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
So, I'm getting an ichy buying/clicking finger for the winter smokes.

Can anyone tell me about these ERdM Demi Tasse and Monte Joyitas. I'm looking at some 10+ year vintage boxes and the shipping is kinda steep.

How do you like these for 20-30 minute winter smokes?

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Those 1990 ERDM DT's are very good. Surprisingly strong! I don't know that I'd call them a winter smoke though. They are a small ring gauge smoke and need to be smoked pretty slow to be fully appreciated. Kinda hard to do when you're freezing your ass off :grin:

Smoked fast they get pretty hot & bitter. How about the Hoyo PR?

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Hmmmm, I don't really like the large ring gauge.

The cold isn't really a concern for me it's smoking out in the darkness. I don't want to be out there for an hour, which is standard for a PC, and the Clubs aren't 'cigar like' enough.

How do they compare to the ERdM PC?

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
So, I'm getting an ichy buying/clicking finger for the winter smokes.
I guess it's my newbieness showing, but what makes a "Winter smoke?" I've been smoking cigars for several years and have never heard the term. I searched the posts here and see that some BOTL's like smaller cigars in the winter. Why?

-Jay

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
For me it's because I have to smoke outside and I don't like sitting out in the dark, and it is thoroughly by the time I get home during winter. It makes it hard to see the laptop and I can't read a book so the hour plus it takes to smoke anything bigger than a TPC is too long for me.

eric_f

Semper Fi!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Same as Todd's reasoning for me, plus it gets damn chilly here. I don't know about the rest of you, but sometimes I can barely move my fingers after a long smoke in the winter, lol.

~Eric

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
For me it's because I have to smoke outside and I don't like sitting out in the dark, and it is thoroughly by the time I get home during winter. It makes it hard to see the laptop and I can't read a book so the hour plus it takes to smoke anything bigger than a TPC is too long for me.
solution

1f1fan

Toast!
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Todd

I like the PUnch margaritas a bit better than the Monte Joyitas...but they are not bad at all. I like the MOnte #5 for a quick Monte smoke.

I think I know where you are getting these...don't get the 92's go for the 96 or 97 Joyitas...I have not had any Demi Tasse....but would like to try some.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
1f1fan said:
I like the PUnch margaritas a bit better than the Monte Joyitas...
I had a box of the Punch Margs as well. Very nice. Really enjoyable - but they were expensive for what you got.

My brother has had many of the Monte Joy. He said they were very good.

My winter smokes are cheap hand finished. They are inexpensive enough that I can pitch it whenever I have had my fill and not worry about the $.

(PL Panatelas Extra and Quitera Brevas are the two I like)

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
1f1fan said:
Todd

I like the PUnch margaritas a bit better than the Monte Joyitas...but they are not bad at all. I like the MOnte #5 for a quick Monte smoke.

I think I know where you are getting these...don't get the 92's go for the 96 or 97 Joyitas...I have not had any Demi Tasse....but would like to try some.
Why not the 92s?

1f1fan

Toast!
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
Why not the 92s?
Bruce5 has boxes of the Joyitas and prefers the 96/97 over the 92. We seem to agree a lot so I value his opinion. We trade cigars often and he gave me some Punch Margs (excellent flavor) and a 96 or 97 Joyita and it was good.

I am in the same boat as you Todd...looking for winter smokes with great flavor but don't take 1 hour to smoke. I am leaning towards the Margs and Monte 5's on the days its not too bad. The Joyitas are not bad by any means....although jordon is right...they are quite expensive for the size of the cigar...but they are BIG on flavor for the size.

I will be up for splitting some Margs, Joyitas and PL Panetelas Extra...PM me if interested.