What's new

Mixed drink of the day

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
With all the heat we've been making mixed drinks for the last couple of days. Started with Beacon Mules then Ward Eights then Ancient Mariners yesterday and today Bahama Mamas. Problem is the stuff is so tasty it goes down quick and before you know you can't spell when you type.
Anybody else making mixed drinks

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
Where I definitely see a place for mixed drinks I rarely drink them. Ones I have had in the past and enjoyed were mud slides and white Russians the wife loves mojitos bloody Mary's you know the fancy ones you can make a meal of with bacon and all that always seem nice but give me the worst in the world heart burn you know the kind where you wake up with shit squirting out you nose so I stay away from them

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Not this weekend, but I do love a good mixed drink. Usually when we go to the touristy coast (which I try like hell to avoid) I'll enjoy a rum runner or a frozen margarita. I enjoy a good bloody Mary too but same thing as @navyvet says...if I have more than one in the evening the consequences are dire.

This was a particularly pretty and potent blue margarita we had down in G-town.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've been drinking them early, around noon so the side affects are past me by bed time. My wife asked me where Ginger Beer had been all her life, a great mixer with bourbon and rum!

We're doing a bar walk in the Quarter tomorrow starting at Molly's for Irish coffee, then Stanley's for breakfast, a couple of cigar lounges, the Chart Room, the Old Absinthe House, Erin Rose, Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop then Port of Call for a wonderfully greasy Hamburger to sober up.

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I've been drinking them early, around noon so the side affects are past me by bed time. My wife asked me where Ginger Beer had been all her life, a great mixer with bourbon and rum!

We're doing a bar walk in the Quarter tomorrow starting at Molly's for Irish coffee, then Stanley's for breakfast, a couple of cigar lounges, the Chart Room, the Old Absinthe House, Erin Rose, Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop then Port of Call for a wonderfully greasy Hamburger to sober up.
Lafitte's was a cool little place! A ghost tour we took while there made a pit stop there.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The bars I listed are some of the best hangouts in the quarter. It should be rainy all day and we're walking so it'll be like the old bar crawl days only earlier!!