What's new

MMA Rhonda Rousey

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Anybody watch Rhonda Rousey destroy Cat Zingano last night? Arm bar in 14 seconds (which is about 13 seconds longer than I would last). She is the most dominant fighter on the planet right now. I love watching her fight.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Loved it, but Cat should not have changed her normal plan of taking it slow. cat came out trying to win the fight quick, which obviously backfired. On paper, Cat was supposed to win, although I would have gone with Rhonda,

Can't wait to see who is next. In the 5 title/title defense fights, 4 have ended in submission, one went 3 rounds and the total for the other 4 went about 2 minutes, 38 seconds. see Rhonda is that good.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched the fight. I definitely wanted to see more of Cat. I didn't even get a chance to light my cigar! Rhonda Rousey really has skills, and is very easy on the eyes. I don't know if Cat got a do-over whether the outcome would be different.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I have all the respect in the world for her skills, BUT, she shouldn't be in the main event of any ufc ppv as it stands right now. There's just not enough high level competition for her to be able to make me pry $60 out of my pocket when she's headlining the card.

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
I have all the respect in the world for her skills, BUT, she shouldn't be in the main event of any ufc ppv as it stands right now. There's just not enough high level competition for her to be able to make me pry $60 out of my pocket when she's headlining the card.
Agree 100%. UFC gained its popularity because the cards were just so good. It seemed like every card was worth the money, especially if you were throwing in with a few people at someone's house, but now they try to have so many cards that each one has 1 and possibly 2 decent fights on it. I remember prelim fights before that were good enough to have been on the main card and it's just not that way anymore. It's a shame cause I wish I was still into it the way I was. I love the sport but the cards just aren't an event like they used to be. Back on track, the Rousey fight would've been a great co main event on a good card.

On paper, Cat was supposed to win, although I would have gone with Rhonda.
On what paper was this?? And from what I can tell they are trying to get Cyborg to drop to 135 for a late '15/early '16 fight. Man what a fight that would be but it'll be hard for her to drop 10lbs

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
She's in the title card because of people like me who don't follow UFC but know 1 name, hers.

I actually read a few ESPN articles leading up to this fight and hoped Cat would get in a fist fight with her and win, but what for ever reason she didn't and exposed herself and lost.