What's new

Mold?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No cedar in the 5-pack boxes if that’s what they are. Just cardboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The cigar he posted has a cedar sleeve on it, that's what I'm talking about. Have seen many get mold under the cedar sleeve and you don't see it because of the sleeve.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just to follow up on this today I went through all my cigars one by one. I removed all cedar from any cigars wrapped in it and I rearranged the draws and boxes to promote better air flow.

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
The cigar he posted has a cedar sleeve on it, that's what I'm talking about. Have seen many get mold under the cedar sleeve and you don't see it because of the sleeve.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
I’ve actually never had an issue with mold under a cedar sleeve, but I keep all my Anejos in the cello and the Fonsecas I had with cedar we’re boxed.

I can see how it would happen if the Rh gets high, as the cedar would retain the moisture longer than the air. Just never had that problem.

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Just to follow up on this today I went through all my cigars one by one. I removed all cedar from any cigars wrapped in it and I rearranged the draws and boxes to promote better air flow.
Good idea, increased airflow will always help. Does the temp in your house/apartment ever get above 75? If so, you may want to set your Rh a little lower. 69% is kinda high if you’re getting to 78-80 degrees. I’m at 65%, but I’m in TX and I let the house get to 80 in the summer when we’re not home in the afternoons. I’ve got to keep a close eye in the summers. As long as they stay in boxes I don’t have any problems, but if a look stick finds itself in the right place where moisture gathers...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good idea, increased airflow will always help. Does the temp in your house/apartment ever get above 75? If so, you may want to set your Rh a little lower. 69% is kinda high if you’re getting to 78-80 degrees. I’m at 65%, but I’m in TX and I let the house get to 80 in the summer when we’re not home in the afternoons. I’ve got to keep a close eye in the summers. As long as they stay in boxes I don’t have any problems, but if a look stick finds itself in the right place where moisture gathers...

Thanks for the input Alt. My RH usually goes between 63-67% and will occasionally go up to 69% but not very often. We have had some very high temps here and they are reeking havoc with my NewAilr, coupled with my wife changing the house temp from 70-74.