What's new

Moldy glue

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
Kept my xantium gum glue in a tuppaware container too long apparently and it got molded and smell like nasty feet. Can see why some cigars that use too much glue, cough fuente special stuff, get moldy on the application!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, that's a lot of glue.

I mix it fresh everytime I roll and use just enough glue (gum tragacanth) to use that night. The amount is the size of my thumb nail. Takes a few seconds to mix it up.

Xanthan gum seemed to get moldy faster than any other glue I tried even though it was kept refrigerated.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Whatever my mentor Willy uses never gets moldy or smells. Not sure if it's bermocol or Tragancanth but either should not mold and don't need to be refrigerated either. Also takes less of that stuff to get the job done compared to Xanthan. Xanthan gets the job done but if you're gonna use it, only mix up enough to use within a day or two.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I use cellulose. Got it off the web from a store selling craft glue to kindergarten and day care. I generally leave it in the fridge; but I not infrequently forget to put it back. In fact, good thing you reminded me, cause it's here on my desk now left over from last weekend, and I keep meaning to put it back. It sits out for a week or two no prob. Specially when I roll in the garage. I dunno why I always forget it there. Never had mold but once; and I'm pretty sure that's back when I was using that nasty pectin. Mix just the amount that perches on the end of a palette knife with prolly a teaspoon of water in a tiny tupperware pill cup which prolly holds a tablespoon. That much can last thru a double batch of cigars. ... and, no, I don't use distilled water, cause I am not gonna get all anal retentive about three molecules of chlorine invading my ideal world beneath the cap.

It does not mold; but it does get thicker over time. Starts syrup; three weeks later it's paste.