What's new

Monte #4

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Smoked my first one of these last night. Not sure of the date as it was purchased in one of the cardboard 5 packs.

I was very impressed with this smoke. I right away felt that this cigar shared noticeable traits with it's big brother the Monte #2, which is currently in my top 5.

I've heard some say there is a noticable relationship between this cigar and the smaller #5 as well.

Would anybody here agree with that?

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I have found the 4's and 5's to be similar. The 4's are little more flavorful imo, and I have found the 5's can turn harsh if not careful about smoking slowly.

Very enjoyable smokes!!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I definately note similarilities between the #4 and #2. The #2 burns a little cooler and has more depth, but the #4 seems to have more twang and more straight-up tobacco flavor.

I like them both. In fact, they used to be my favorite, but there was a period from about 98 to 2001 that both of these vitolas really lost their flavor, as a result I have had very few of either in the past 2 years. But 2003/4 production seems to have improved considerably, so I may get back into them in the near future.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I love the #4's a god compromise between flavor and size, I usually smoke this while BBQ'n perfect timer for stakes!!!

Bruce5

--
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I happened to smoke one tonight. Never been a fan of the #4, although a big fan of the #2. It was a gift and I think it was from 02. It was good, actually better than the previous ones I have smoked. Too many other cigars that size that are awesome, even with less age.