What's new

Monte#5

Coppertop

Hi Ya Fellas
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Did a search and nothing came up on this little stick....so I thought I would do a mini review of the one I just smoked.

Montecristo (Cuba)
Year: ENH JUL 04
Size: Perlas 40 x 4
Strength: Med

Yeah I borrowed that little bit from 1f1fan.....since he and I split these :smt098

I am not a huge Monte fan.........I've had bad luck with the Number 3 and the only Number 2 I've smoked was just ok.

However I love this little stick. The first one I had was good. It was creamy and tasted like Cocoa. Also had hints of that Cuban tobacco taste......which I love.

But this one, it's pre light draw was really sweet and tasted like Cocoa. So I knew it was going to be good. This cigar burned great from the start, never needed to be touched up, offered up lots of nice sweet creamy smoke. Tasted like Cocoa and was really peppery (not PSD4 peppery, but peppery never the less) The last part was smooth, creamy and chocolaty..........I think I have found my Monte. Why can't the others taste like this little bad boy.

Great suggestion Paul........ :smt033

1f1fan

Toast!
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Glad you are enjoying these Mike. These are a great little smoke....I have a feeling they won't last long in the humi.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Ironman said:
Nice review, I have the same box I'm trying to keep my hands off of for a couple years!!

Ironman
These taste great fresh but are FANTASTIC with age on them. I had the pleasure of smoking one from the early 80's and was completely surprised by how strong and flavorful it was.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I had one the other day, very good cigar. Definitly creamy taste.