What's new

Monte D

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
For any of you brothers who have broken your boxes yet, are these devoid of any aging characteristics? I've heard some say that they smoke well now and have listed a few flavors that make me think there's not much future for them. I love the size and would be interested in getting a few boxes intact if possible. Thanks in advance for the info

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Smoked one last night. Suprisingly good for 1) an EL 2) an new EL and 3) a Montecristo.

An indescript beginning then some beany (cocoa, coffee) flavors throughout. Yup, good to smoke now (or soon).

Reasonable concern about long term aging (5+ years). No discernable tannins... or murky flavors wanting to be released... or harsh pepper waiting to mellow.

Very much like the size and relative good price. Bought two boxes and the one I smoked last night was a gift. Will let those two sit - and might grab another just to smoke.

Cannot offer anything more definitive ... hope this helps.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Most of the reviews I have read for these remind me of reviews for Monte 1s with two or three years on them.

I haven't tried one yet though.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
geoffrie said:
Smoked one last night. Suprisingly good for 1) an EL 2) an new EL and 3) a Montecristo.

An indescript beginning then some beany (cocoa, coffee) flavors throughout. Yup, good to smoke now (or soon).

Reasonable concern about long term aging (5+ years). No discernable tannins... or murky flavors wanting to be released... or harsh pepper waiting to mellow.

Very much like the size and relative good price. Bought two boxes and the one I smoked last night was a gift. Will let those two sit - and might grab another just to smoke.

Cannot offer anything more definitive ... hope this helps.
That's because you were drinking all of that HC7! I think these might turn out to be pretty good cigars. From what I understand, these are closer to the "old" Monte taste. I don't have any experience with that, unfortunately. But think there is enough complexity there to develop. I do agree with you however re: the murky flavors, or lack thereof, waiting to be released.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
Most of the reviews I have read for these remind me of reviews for Monte 1s with two or three years on them.

I haven't tried one yet though.

:timebomb: :riflefire :dunno: :innocent:

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
<!--- Start lame joke

I hear they're slightly worse than the Monte C. ;)

End lame joke --->