My rating: 83 (7/4/09)
Price: $ 22.60
Length: 9 1/4”
Ring gauge: 47
Size: “A”
Color: Natural
Store: from Openendstraight
Box: ECA CCUA

I’ve been looking forward to trying one of these cigars for a long time, and thanks to my friend Don, I now have the opportunity, so hopefully it will live up to the expectations I have. These cigars are beautiful on the outside. They have a silky smooth milk chocolate color to them with a wonderful soft cocoa aroma to them. The draw was initially pretty tight and the smoke seemed to be going out the wrong end of the cigar with each puff. However, about halfway through the cigar, the draw loosened up a bit and the smoke began to billow like steam from an old steamship. The ash was a dirty white that became a gray under the surface of the cigar, and I found that it was not very sturdy as it ashed itself quite a few times.

The burn was pretty even throughout the smoke, which was quite impressive given the length of this cigar. I found the first third of the cigar to be very light bodied with a nutty core. There were very few hints of anything else on top of the core flavor at this point. Right at the third mark I started to notice a shift in the flavors. I first got hit with a little white pepper which made me sit back in my chair and look at the cigar funny, because it was abrupt. The second third saw the cigar turn into the more classic earthy core with that same underlying spice and hints of cocoa. The final third the cigar began to show signs of immaturity. While being ten years old there begin to creep in a harsher earthy tone. It wasn’t unbearable, but took away from the well perceived flavor profile I had been enjoying. I’ve only smoked a few A sized cigars before, but I am starting to really appreciate this vitola for what it has to offer in terms of aging potential. I can’t wait to try this same cigar in 10 years, as I think it will be absolutely delish. I smoked this bad boy to the last inch and as the immaturity of the final third began to mix with the increasing heat on my tongue I decided it was time to call it quits. Overall, I’m really pleased with the way this cigar turned out. I’m going to have to seriously consider investing in some more of these in the near future. Thanks again for the wonderful treat Don!

CA Description

This great-looking "A" has a firm draw, but even burn. The smoke brings together an interesting balance of creamy spiciness and grassy, earthiness. The finish is rich with tobacco.

Rating Distribution

App- 15 Ash- 7 Draw- 7 Burn- 10 F/B-17 Unq- 8 Smoke- 8 Fin- 11

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Great looking stick, but cannot comment because I have never had one... btw, peep your PMs