What's new

Montecristo Opinions....

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm seeing some good prices on some Monte's and have a few Edmundo's on the way to try. I'm a huge fan of the Monte #4 and was wondering how different the following are???
All 4 choices are ring size 52...
  • Petit Edmundo 4.3"
  • Petit #2 4.7"
  • Edmundo " 5.3"
  • #2 6.1"

Based on the current promotions I see the petit #2 and full Edmundo have the best current savings.

From those that have tried them all or more than me
  1. Is there a big flavor difference between petit and full size, or between edmundo and #2?
  2. Is there a strength difference?

Thanks!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been wondering the same and have been trying to read up on opinions. I've had all of the cigars listed except the Petit #2 ands enjoyed all unfortunately they were not close enough together and my palate not developed enough at the time to give good personal feedback. From what I've read though the Edmundo is stronger than the #2 but both have the signature Monte flavor profile. I don't have a lot to add and again it's only based on what I've read so I'm sure others can give better guidance but in the absence of other replies at least it's something.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
That’s a tough question. They are not like the same line of cigar with different sizes (if comparing to NC’s) Think of all of the sizes as different blends entirely.

IMHO

The petit no. 2 is lighter than the full size, and the Edmundo is the strongest. I’ve also found the petit no.2 needed the most down time in order to develop the most flavor, with the full size no. 2 developing the quickest and the Edmundo in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BasicTek

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Thanks @CigarGavin I had figured there was likely a difference between the #2 and Edmundo but thought the petit and full would be basically the same, but I read this on one site "It is basically a shorter Edmundo, with a different flavor profile though, due to the different blend used for this cigar " So that was why I decided to ask the question here and see what people that actually smoked them all thought.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
No problem. Another quick sidenote, I’ve been in that boat before where a good deal on an unknown box but known brand seems like a good call. It’s burned me more often than not, and resulted in a couple boxes worth of mistakes. Box splits, and trying before you buy is your friend. Then when the deals come up and it’s stuff that you know it results in a collection of cigars you love, not necessarily a collection of cigars that some people love.

Obviously this all a random persons opinion on the interwebs

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
I was not a monte fan when I first got into cc’s. Then a found what a little age could do for them.

BasicTek

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I was not a monte fan when I first got into cc’s. Then a found what a little age could do for them.
My 1st 2 were from a sampler, and I really didn't care for the monte #2 (burn issues and I didn't like the flavor) and the #4 was ok but too strong for me. However I really missed their unique flavor so I bought a couple 10's of #4 and now they are in my top 5, I can't get enough of them. I know my sampler ones didn't smoke well and it's still hard for me to age anything (I want them now lol) but I understand it can completely change the experience.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Monte 3 are more likely to be special than #4 simply because there is less pressure to produce them.
I have had very good luck with the #3.
Monte #1 have, in my experience, been the best of the bunch the most often.
All will benefit from a few years down, and gain in balance and nuance.
The Petit #2 I have smoked were tubo sticks, they seem good, but have not aged very long yet.
Nice flavors and aromas, but not as full flavored as the regular #2, which has the widest range of good vs bad of all the Montes.
A good box of #2 is a thing of beauty,a poor box will make you avoid them.

Apart from a few Edmundos and double Edmundos, I have no experience with them.